faulty air heating and electric water heater

May 8, 2005
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I own a 1998 lunar freelander, its our first van and only bought it from a dealer in april.

The van has been great no problems until we went to the lakes on october. On the 2nd day we woke to no hot water, the electric heater would not warm the water, checked all the fuses but nothing. We ended up on the gas. On the 5th day the blown air heating went. Once again no fuses blown. We drove the van back and tried it at home and no good still. I phoned the caravan dealer and booked it in for repair. We winterised the van and cleaned it and i checked the heating etc again the morning before we went to the dealers. They phoned me up the day after and said they could not find anything wrong it all worked. I have bought the van home and hey presto it works. The dealer has said they did not do anything with it.

Has anyone had this problem before or can anyone advice me as the van will go back into store for the winter.

Sorry for the long message but thanks for reading it all

Paul

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Paul, Sorry I can't help you with the fault but you at least the dealer was honest. There are dealers and garages who would have made something up and charged you for it.

Jul 25, 2005
Visit site
Paul, You don't say which make, model of your heaters in your Lunar freelander. Please let me know as I may be able to find out what could be your problem from the service manuals for my Lunar LX2000.

As a service engineer (now retired)I used to find all sorts of strange intermittent faults on moving equiptment ( as a caravan is of course)and even a spider and web can cause havock.

Pop

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul,I know it may sound very simple but in my experience you have to have all thermostats on max or your systems wont kick in,try that for starters,you may find the dealer automaticaly did just that without thinking. Denis.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts