February NEC Caravan Show

vix

May 23, 2006
Visit site
As well as visiting the Practical Caravan Hall at the NEC, why not visit the brand new Caravan Sitefinder Internet Cafe too?

You will be able to put your feet up, enjoy your picnic lunch and even write reviews of some of the sites you have stayed at.

For those of you that are going to the show, i hope you enjoy yourselves and don't forget to visit the Caravan Sitefinder Internet Cafe.

Victoria

Caravan Sitefinder Publishing Manager

Apr 19, 2007
Visit site
After thinking of subscribing to Pratical Caravan for nearly a year, our incentive was when you offered free tickets to the show so we are coming on the Wednesday (I think) and will certainly come and visit the Internet Cafe.

One point, I am a wheelchair user but can manage to walk short distances and look in the caravans. Is it easy for one to be pushed around at thye show? I know the crowds will be big but it would help to know this in advance.

Many thanks.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hello Linda

Wheelchair users can be pushed around the show at the NEC. I think that this year the show layout is different to previous years because the show is bigger, but if you have any difficulty ask a member of the NEC staff who will show you the easier points of entry to the various halls.

Incidentally, had you not had the free tickets from P.C. Magazine as a disabled person your carer and yourself would have qualified for reduced admission prices, as does any blue badge holder.For those paying on the day just make a note of the serial number of your blue badge and then mention to the booking staff that you are disabled.

When you leave the road island to enter the NEC complex look for the disabled parking signs. You may need to show your badge to the secuity staff to enter these car parks. From the car parks a wheelchair accessible free bus service will drop you off right outside the entrance to the exhibition, and take you back later. Remember which car park you are on, there are three or four bus stops to different parking areas and don't be put off by the queing at the bus stops, you're never waiting for more tham a couple of minutes. We will probably go on the Wednesday as well, enjoy yourself

Regards Steve

Feb 2, 2008
Visit site
Hello Linda

Wheelchair users can be pushed around the show at the NEC. I think that this year the show layout is different to previous years because the show is bigger, but if you have any difficulty ask a member of the NEC staff who will show you the easier points of entry to the various halls.

Incidentally, had you not had the free tickets from P.C. Magazine as a disabled person your carer and yourself would have qualified for reduced admission prices, as does any blue badge holder.For those paying on the day just make a note of the serial number of your blue badge and then mention to the booking staff that you are disabled.

When you leave the road island to enter the NEC complex look for the disabled parking signs. You may need to show your badge to the secuity staff to enter these car parks. From the car parks a wheelchair accessible free bus service will drop you off right outside the entrance to the exhibition, and take you back later. Remember which car park you are on, there are three or four bus stops to different parking areas and don't be put off by the queing at the bus stops, you're never waiting for more tham a couple of minutes. We will probably go on the Wednesday as well, enjoy yourself

Regards Steve
there is a company (located outside the halls) that hire electric scooters. could be an option?

TRENDING THREADS