ferry crossing dover calias

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi folks just got a qoute from p&o for the above crossing in july returning in aug, for my frontera and caravan The cost is £338 can any one suggest a cheaper option thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Andy

Go to the POFerries home page.

Select latest offers. Go to the bottom of the page and you find Free Caravans. click it. Next page is book early again go to the bottom of the page and you will see caravans go free on selected sailings. click it and pick you sailings from the times given. My crossing is

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The CCC have some very good offers on at the moment. Booked last week with them, Seafrance Dover Calais for July/Aug out and back between 1.00am and 6.30am, Car,Caravan 4 pers for

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The whole ferry booking scene is, IMO, a fiasco. Once upon a time you sent off for the brochures, studied them and did a comparison of routes/times and found the best bargain. When you arrived at the ferry terminal you could even swap between ferry operators and simply go on the next crossing as all the companies operated a cartel. Nowadays, all that has stopped and brochures no longer even give prices, It seems that they operate a variable charge, depending on take-up on any particular crossing. If the 6:00am crossing from Dover to Calais on 4th June is running empty on the day you make your booking, the price is bargain basement. If someone else makes the same booking a few days later but, by now, the take-up is running high, the price rockets. This means that two similar families, with identical outfits, can be on the same crossing but with one family having paid anything up to double what the other family paid. This makes a nonsense of the pricing structure. I appreciate that ferry operators have to respond to 'supply and demand' but it really hurts when you know you have been taken for a ride - in more than the usual meaning of the phrase. The two main clubs are given block bookings to sell on to members but if you manage to make a direct booking at a 'slack' time you can find yourself making a big saving over the club quote. I think it is a pity that neither the various magazines nor the two main caravan/camping clubs have done much, over the years, to put the ferry operators under pressure to get the pricing structure sorted out. I have to take my annual trip to France during school holidays and, for various reasons, I have to travel at sensible time (no 4:30am trips for me). I am annoyed that every year I am taken not only to France, but always via the cleaners.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts