ferry meadows cc site

G

Excellent CC site. Very large with 2 main areas, one with hardstanding, the other grass. Good toilet facilties in both parts. The staff can either be good, or not so good as they change out each year. One year you could not have met more helpful and nice people, the next year the 'grumps' were in situ. There is a fish and chip van on certain evenings but we felt the chips were too greasy.

Next door is the Ferry Meadows Nature Park and great for cycling and walking. The Nene Valley steam railway runs alongside the site with a station 50 yards away. The site suffers from the 'weekend' problem throughout the majority of the season but always try telephoning, however if you like peace and quiet, then maybe not a good idea. During the week it is excellent.

Peterborough is the local town and has good shopping although you probably need a car to get into town as buses are not too frequent. Peterborough is one of the UK cities where migrants have settled in large numbers and some may feel that is an issue, but in the Ferry Meadows part of town, it is very quiet.

There is also a fast rail link to London if that is your wish.

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Jo-anne

I have been there on the grass side and we are going back this Easter.

If you have kids then the grass side is better as the play area there.

I don't think you can pre book a hard standing anyhow and all the hard standings were full when we got there, but as we had a 6 year old, that was no problem.

We went on the steam train - your CC membership card / receipt gets you half price too!!!

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
great. ive booked a week in feb half term. its only an hour away and its sounds good for the kids. the loos on the hardstanding side are being up graded so there closed. only the grass pitches loos open.

cant wait now

jo-anne

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a review on my website here Ferry Meadows

I have heard that tey are starting to introduce hardstandings onto was was the all grass section. No doubt this is to utilise the new extended toilet block to allow more all year round use.

David

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
thanks david im always on your site lol.

the winter warden told me that there is a few hard standing pitches in the grass site. so maybe they will do more hard standing. i dont fancy taking lucas for a bath then walking across to the other side of the side in feb lol.

jo

May 26, 2008
Visit site
We are booked to go back to Ferry Meadows for a few days over the Valentines weekend, its only 40 mins away from us so is really handy. Our very 1st trip with our van was to Ferry Meadows last year and we loved it. I have booked and asked for hardstanding if possible as we wont be putting our awning up this time. Cant wait to get there

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
you guys are getting me jealous. our first trip is to be the easter holidays. making me want to get the caravan ready quicker lol....

enjoy ...

Apr 23, 2005
Visit site
Jo-Anne

Been twice different years but flooded out both times. If it chucks it down it don't drain too well....

Second time took small grandson and as result I had to sleep in the awning. Bad choice as it happened as has to construct temp river banks one end to the other to preserve "high ground"

Have a nice hol and take your bikes so you can ride into Peterborough.

May 26, 2008
Visit site
the feb kids school hol which is the week were going is having a thomas weekt at the nene valley station. cant wait now

jo
Think we will be there the same time then, didn't know about the thomas weekend at the station though. Shame we wont have the grandkids with us, they would have loved that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts