Fiamma Caravanstore

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I am considering fitting a Fiamma Caravanstore roll out Blind to my Caravan, rather than having the "hassle" of a removable Sun Blind or other type of Awning/ Shade, as we have used over our Caravanning life. This is due to age and infirmity, and tying to make life simpler.
Has anyone out there got Advise/ Pro or Cons etc. regarding this??
All advise etc. welcome.
:unsure:

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm on my second and find it very good for short stays in summer and autumn. I use the 3m size and feel anything much longer might be a bit more difficult to handle in a wind.

The later versions are better than the earlier in construction and features. We find it quite easy to pull out, set up and retract, but I am 6ft tall and can reach the straps which hold it rolled up just standing on the caravan step. Even so it gets a bit heavy at times. If you are not this tall you will need to have something very secure on which to stand.

The blind needs to be unrolled to thead it into the awning rail initially. Recommend end stops are fitted to the awning rail afterwards. Technique then is to roll up the blind, two people requird, then place yor steps at the centre, finish rolling uo the blind and secure it with the velcro starps fitted in the bag. Then go to one end, secure the velcro and start the zip along the bottom. Then repeat at other enf. If you put a cable tie through each zip puller and make a tool from a lenght of wooden dowel rod, broom handle etc. with a cup hook screwed in the end, you can close the zip easily from the ground. Pull both zips to the rear of the caravan and leave a small gap between them. Helps any trapped water run out.
Setting up is the reverse. Unzip, release the end fastenings first, then the centre and unroll the blind down the side of the van. Then one person takes centre of front roller and walks back about 5 feet. Second person slides out one end combined leg and rafter , extends leg slifgtly and locks it, then extends rafter, puts end into socket ib bag, and locks into first hole of tensioning mechanism. Then repeat at other end.
Then make progessive adjustments to height and tension until happy. Peg down through feet and add guys and pegs (all part of the kit)
I also fit a stard tie down strap, as sudden strong winds have been known to lift the wole thing up againt the caravan with some damage.
3m and longer need at least one additional rafter. The Fiamma version is a twist to lock device and quite expensive. I make mine from steel clothes line props.. Smaller lighter and much cheaper.
We use ours with windbreaks across the end and partly across the front. We use Jormax, expensve but not requiring any guys. The grey colour also matches the Fiamma well.

All this sounds complicated, but, as with many things, more difficult to write about than do.
We (combined age 150+) would have set up or taken down in less time than this has taken to write.
Happy to add detail if you need it. Ask a mod. To give you my email address

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, Hovis and RayS. I was thinking on the same lines as Hovis, so now my questions are asked and answered without me needing to put finger to key!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts