Fiamma Level Up Jumbo

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I've not had to level my caravan yet, but as it's a nice afternoon I thought I'd get the unused levelling kit out of it's bag.
The purpose of the long ramp thing is obvious, but I'm less sure about the little chock thing:
Fiamma_01.jpg

I'm assuming I pull the van up onto the ramp, then put the little chock thing behind the wheel, then slowly let the van back onto it? Like this:
Fiamma_02.jpg

Just wanted to check I've got it right?
Thanks

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Pretty much as you've said, it acts as a back up if your handbrake on your caravan creeps, the chocks aid in keeping your outfit where you put it..

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Its always better to reverse onto the leveling blocks as the brakes bite immediately when the handbrake is applied, not so when you pull onto them as their is a small amount of rear creep.
Try it next time you are out?
You are correct in your assumption

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
MichaelE said:
Its always better to reverse onto the leveling blocks as the brakes bite immediately when the handbrake is applied, not so when you pull onto them as their is a small amount of rear creep.
Try it next time you are out?
You are correct in your assumption
Blimey - someone who does the same as me !

Reverse up the ramps and apply handbrake because if you go forwards up the ramp, it can roll back until the brake preload is taken up.

But the experts, including the Caravan Club, have long held that you should go up forwards.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts