Filling our Water Reservoir (or not!)

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
In was our 2nd trip in our recently acquired Bailey Senator Oklahoma and, when the red 'low water' light comes on, I dutifully exit the van and start the electric pump to suck up water from the Aquaroll. However, I noticed that (unlike on the first trip), water would continually flow back out of the filler hole thus making a fill more than perhaps 10 litres, impossible.

The van was very slightly off centre tilting just towards the water reservoir entry hole. (We did this to ensure that shower water would actually drain away as opposed to requiring 2 minutes of water 'pushing' towards the drain hole.) I even tried filling using the standard water filler (why the Senator has two is beyond me?!) but this also flowed back out.

I must confirm that the nozzles were fully pushed down into the water hole and yet water still managed to escape back in a solid trickle.

Any thoughts / remedies please?

John

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
John

I have a new series 5 Senator and used to have a 2000 Senator both Vermont models. I'm a bit confused about what you mean by the 2nd filler. My old vermont you filled the tank using a whale pump plugged into the side electric plug and the hose down the filler tube. There was a cap in the top of the tank used by me for cleaning and if neccesary to get at the internal pump etc, but I never used it to fill the tank. I'm assuming you've got the tank in the offside locker.

ColinB

Sep 3, 2005
Visit site
hi john

we've got the baileys senator and when we fill the internal tank from our aquaroll it started pouring back out way before it was full, we used a longer hose off the external pump so the water was going straight into the tank i'm just about to change the length of pipe from the inlet leading to the tank incase it was angled incorrectly

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Thanks ColinB and Pete Lee. Just to confirm, our Oklahoma has two whale pump access points (and hence two separate whale pumps units and respective pipes). One filler hole is at the front left of the caravan and the other is at the back left of the caravan. The front left fills the supposedly 42 litre tank. The rear left pump I had was told was the standard water pump that would be activated when, and only when a tap was opened inside the van, and hence sucking up the water required from the Aquaroll. I think that I was wrong; switching the pump switch to 'Int' simply uses the internal tank; switching to 'ext' will activate whichever pump has been attached to the exterior of the caravan. I have yet to try both at the same time!

So you don't think it's caused by the horizontal angle of the van?

Peter Lee ; you said that "we used a longer hose off the external pump so the water was going straight into the tank. I'm just about to change the length of pipe from the inlet leading to the tank in case it was angled incorrectly" Please can you explain; as far as I am concerned I have fed the pipe as far down into the filler hole as it can go and yet somehow the water still seems to defy gravity and pour out of the filler hole. And no, there was no water coming out of the overflow hole on the underside of the van either; normally a sure indication that the tank is full.

Further thoughts appreciated on how to solve avoid this problem in future are appreciated.

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
John

Sorry for the dealy in getting back to you. I have to admit you've got me perplexed. How old is your van. My Senator had a Whale attachment to feed the taps from the aquarool and a filler cap with a two pin plug nearby that became live when the pump switch was moved to the internal pump. I then pluged the additional pump into the plug and dropped the pump into the aquarool and filled the tank. This had an overflow I dis not get any water coming out of the filler unlesss I did not put the pipe in far enough. From what you have said I assume that your tank is on the nearside. Have you checked for an overflow and is it clear. Mine just came straight down through the floor.

ColinB

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
A 2002 Bailey Senator Oklahoma. As you stand facing teh A frame teh main tank filler is on the left near the front; white screw cap for the filler; to its left a two pin (12v) power outlet that comes on when set to 'ext'.

The other filler is on the same side but towards the rear of the van; this uses a standard Whale pump with Aquaroll cap so that it can presumably work dierctly from teh taps as you open or close them; as I said I have failed to underatand the sue for this second filler syste seeing as one has the tank.

The water leaked (hapily) from using both the tank filler system and the Whale (standard) filler system.

My question is : surely the angle of the van is no SO sensitive such that it not being perfectly level cauises the water to overflow out again from teh filler hole?

And no; nothing's blocking teh overflow pipe and yes; it is located directly under the front centre of the van.

Looks like a bit of a mystery to me ?!!

Thanks again for your thoughts

John

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
John

My old Vermont(2000) has the same system. If you use the aquaroll that supplies the taps and the water doesn't go near the tank. I very rarely used my tank except during very cold weather. I used two aquarolls. There is a presure switch built into the back of the whale connection(inside van) but the water shouldn't back feed unless the connection from the aquaroll is not pushed in properly the cover is supposed to lock it into place other than the above I'm stumped. I've just reread youre original posting. as I've already said the two system are indepndant of each other. the tank has its own internal pump to put the water to the taps. If you have further problems try ring the Bailey help line. I have found them very helpfull and if the lady cant help they put you through to someone who can answer the question. Equally I have had similar help from Whale vis their website.

ColinB

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
John

My old Vermont(2000) has the same system. If you use the aquaroll that supplies the taps and the water doesn't go near the tank. I very rarely used my tank except during very cold weather. I used two aquarolls. There is a presure switch built into the back of the whale connection(inside van) but the water shouldn't back feed unless the connection from the aquaroll is not pushed in properly the cover is supposed to lock it into place other than the above I'm stumped. I've just reread youre original posting. as I've already said the two system are indepndant of each other. the tank has its own internal pump to put the water to the taps. If you have further problems try ring the Bailey help line. I have found them very helpfull and if the lady cant help they put you through to someone who can answer the question. Equally I have had similar help from Whale vis their website.

ColinB
Thanks Colin; you have been most helpful

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts