first time buyer

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jolene, most manufacturers have a 5 berth in their range and which is the best is open to debate. They all basically consist of normal front seats with the washroom, kitchen and wardrobe in the middle, and a rear dinnette which can be either a single or double bed with a bunk above.

I have a Compass Magnum 490/5 which is a Mendip Caravans special The rear dinnete is wrap around with a small sideboard unit. We have a teenage daughter who has used it as her bedroom, we removed the bunk the day we got it. It has proved great as a 3 berth. I do not know how practical the rear would be to sleep 3, fairly cramped I would imagine, and storage space at a premium. Most modern ones have MPTLM's of 1300kgs or threabouts so a good size tow car is required to cope with the van and 5 passengers.

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Jolene

My first 5 berther was a 1997 ABI Viceroy Jubilee, Ray is right most of these when made up have a quite small double with a single over the top. We found the only way to get a decent size double at the back meant going to a twin wheel van.

Aug 29, 2005
Visit site
Jolene

My first 5 berther was a 1997 ABI Viceroy Jubilee, Ray is right most of these when made up have a quite small double with a single over the top. We found the only way to get a decent size double at the back meant going to a twin wheel van.
The back berth will be used for our 2 year old daunghter ideal so the size if the beds is not a problem. We have been offered a coachnman amara 2004 model which has never been registered for

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jolene, Coachman is reputable and PC say about the Amara ' build quality is still terrific' ( September 2003 mag) and 'very heavy but correspondingly well made' (April 2005 mag).

They give the list price of the 2005 500/5 model as

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The back berth will be used for our 2 year old daunghter ideal so the size if the beds is not a problem. We have been offered a coachnman amara 2004 model which has never been registered for

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
thanx for the advice, think we are going to go for the coachman, we are going to look at avondales this sat too, so will have to see .
Go for the Coachman Amara Jolene.We purchassed a new Amara June 2003 it is now 2years old used regulary and the only thing which has failed is an awning lamp.They are heavy and solid but also very well built and Coachman will always talk to you if you have a problem unlike some manufacturers.WE are fairly new to c/vanning ourselves we purchased our first van in Sept 2001 new an Elddis which fell apart the Coachman terrific.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts