First time on serviced pitch

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
In a couple of weeks we're going to be on a serviced pitch for the first time. I've sourced - but not bought yet - the mains adapter for the Aquaroll but haven't made any decision about what to do about the waste pipe.

Any printable suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Basically Sam you need these. The solid pipe I only use at locations where I have been before and know the length. Best suited to a seasonal.
The rest is self explanatory. The Colplaz pegs are great. You may need more than you think to keep the ribbed flexi pipe level with the correct “fall”.
The adapter to the caravan two wastes , I made myself decades ago but you can buy them ready made now

Attachments

• IMG_6245.jpeg
    IMG_6245.jpeg
    16.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6244.jpeg
    IMG_6244.jpeg
    36.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6243.jpeg
    IMG_6243.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6242.jpeg
    IMG_6242.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 6
Apr 19, 2023
Visit site
I always opt for a fully serviced pitch if they are available. For a few extra pounds it cuts out a lot of hassle. I use the flexible pipes for the grey waste. Someone told me I'm missing the fun of filling the aquaroll and emptying the wastemaster. 🤣😭

Tux

Mar 17, 2024
Visit site
I always opt for a fully serviced pitch if they are available. For a few extra pounds it cuts out a lot of hassle. I use the flexible pipes for the grey waste. Someone told me I'm missing the fun of filling the aquaroll and emptying the wastemaster. 🤣😭
Oh the joy of running out of water when ironically it’s piddling down.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
With regards to grey waste. Have a look at this

It is simple, really works, (though some have difficulty believing). Quick and simple to set up.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We also use the flexible pipe for the grey waste on a serviced pitch it saved a lot of hassle of emptying a wastemaster

May 10, 2020
Visit site
I’m surprised that nobody has mentioned the Velcro waste pipe support straps that fit into the bottom skirt rail. These make adjusting the waste pipe fall a doddle. Saves propping things up with bricks and such. Use mine a lot.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I’d also advise buying a genuine Aquaroll (Hitchin) adapter kit as the cheaper EBay alternatives leak (in my experience!).

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We use the grey Colapz waste pipes as well as those hook peg things that DD showed. Much easier to store than a coil of grey pipe.
Mel

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm beginning to wish we weren't going to a serviced pitch. I have no problems filling and emptying carriers even in the rain or snow :) .

The only reason for the serviced pitch on the next trip is that we're meeting up with our daughter and grandson, who are camping, and the serviced pitches are adjacent to the tent area - plus they use more of our water.

I think I'll start with just the usual bendy pipe although I may see about getting a smooth bore pipe. Our van is small and the outlets are at one rear corner so should be a shorter run than what some of you seem to have. The only issue would be if we went into a pitch nose first, meaning the pipe run would be longer and may have to avoid the awning.

The Colapz things look ok but they're not cheap and considering how many rock pegs I bend on sites anyway I'd think they'd not take the punishment that well.

The bucket thing and solid pipes equally seem a good idea but too much to cart around for me.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm beginning to wish we weren't going to a serviced pitch. I have no problems filling and emptying carriers even in the rain or snow :) .

The only reason for the serviced pitch on the next trip is that we're meeting up with our daughter and grandson, who are camping, and the serviced pitches are adjacent to the tent area - plus they use more of our water.

I think I'll start with just the usual bendy pipe although I may see about getting a smooth bore pipe. Our van is small and the outlets are at one rear corner so should be a shorter run than what some of you seem to have. The only issue would be if we went into a pitch nose first, meaning the pipe run would be longer and may have to avoid the awning.

The Colapz things look ok but they're not cheap and considering how many rock pegs I bend on sites anyway I'd think they'd not take the punishment that well.

The bucket thing and solid pipes equally seem a good idea but too much to cart around for me.
On my first and only serviced pitch I used bendy pipe cut into a few lengths with joining pieces as required. To adjust the run I used a couple of very long steel awning pegs and duct taped the bendy pipe to the pegs. The end of the pipe I trapped under the lid for the drain. The site owners had also placed bricks around the area which could be used for levelling or pipe runs.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I’ve only ever used lengths of bendy pipe and this only presented a problem once where there was a brick raised rim round the drain so constructed a ‘Heath Robinson’ solution with rock pegs and string - handily my pegs have a hole in the plastic top (for peg puller) making the stringing easy!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

Once you have set up and used a fully serviced pitch, you will not want to revert back to lugging around water especially as age catches up with you. LOL! :D

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
What a palava, setting up pipes and hoses, what's wrong with a aquaroll etc. Your all turning American, they have gadgets for everything, to make you lazy. Can't beat pulling aquaroll about, meeting other like minded campers at the watering point, have a chin wag, that's the outdoors.

• Haha
Reactions: Banus and Buckman
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
More stuff to store - so I bought 2 of these - for waste pipe and fresh water pipe
And this version of the aquaroll float has served me well provided with caps for a variety of water barrels

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
On a serviced pitch, I simply use a food grade hose from the tap to top up the Water Hog (same as Aquaroll but bigger) - it's just a couple of minutes every morning and no palaver with float valves or direct connections.

If a serviced pitch is slightly uphill to the drain, I simply use the waste tank and take it a few feet each morning to empty.

I never pull/carry a full Aquaroll / Water Hog - prefer to use 2x 10 litre containers to top the barrel up each morning - on some sites I stop the car on the way back in from a day out and fill the two containers then to save carrying them.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
What a palava, setting up pipes and hoses, what's wrong with a aquaroll etc. Your all turning American, they have gadgets for everything, to make you lazy. Can't beat pulling aquaroll about, meeting other like minded campers at the watering point, have a chin wag, that's the outdoors.
Hilarious and thanks for cheering me up! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: borderbilly
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Never really had an issue just using the aquaroll, sometimes we would use a 10 litre water container to top up the aquaroll, other times just fill the aquaroll at the site tap.
Anyway isn’t weight bearing exercise supposed to be good for maintaining bone density? 🤔

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Dam just because the pitch is a FSP you don’t have to use it as one. Fill your aquaroll as usual from the tap. Empty your wastemaster down the pitch drain . QED

Reactions: Buckman

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Was a time when we all got out of our chairs to walk across to the TV to change the channel or turn the volume up.

Time moves on. I'm disappointed there's no app for the aquaroll or wastemaster.

• Haha
Reactions: GaryB and Buckman
Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
I’m surprised that nobody has mentioned the Velcro waste pipe support straps that fit into the bottom skirt rail. These make adjusting the waste pipe fall a doddle. Saves propping things up with bricks and such. Use mine a lot.
I have these and they work well for me.
Steve

TRENDING THREADS