First trip out

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
Well we are off for a couple nights at the weekend to St. Malo to try out our new to us caravan. We also have our divorce in a bag to experiment with so if you're at the larchamp site you can pull up a chair, grab a beer and watch 2 newbies trying to put up their new awning. Hope everything goes ok, should be fun.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Good luck with your trip. If you are unsure of the awning, there are many videos on youtube to help, and you may even find the exact one.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Good luck, do not know that site but it is a great area for touring. Dinan in particular is really worth a look and the centre of St Malo is great for a bit of touristy shopping and just wandering round.
Do not miss St Michael's mount and I would use the coast road to get there as far nicer drive just be prepared for the cost of parking and take good walking shoes. There is a useful article in this months magazine you might want to read.

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Raywood but we live 30 mins from mont St Michel so have been there a few times. We've even been to Longchamps before with the grandkids in the motorhome which we sold to buy the caravan. :woohoo: We thought as it's our first trip with the caravan we'd go where we knew the site and pitches etc. Looking forward to having a nosey round St Malo though, that's what I like, the fact we'll have the car and not have to pack the motorhome up every time we want to go somewhere sightseeing. Can't wait.
Thankyou for taking the time to suggest those places though.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Have fun. When you arrive and pitch; have a cup of tea, some food and a calm sit down before even considering the divorce in a bag. At least when you fall out about it you won't be arguing on an empty stomach

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Good luck GG, we are going on holiday this saturday down cornwall using the van for the first time and putting up our divorce in a bag for the first time too :eek:hmy: :blink: :woohoo: :side: , should be interesting to say the least. hopefully not many people will be there to watch the newbies reconstruct a sketch from laurel & hardy. :whistle:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We had two couples last weekend puting up their awnings for the first time, missed most of it, by walking the dogs to the pub, but they both said it took them about an hour,
Good luck to all the Newbies on their first outings.

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
We put up our new awning for the first time 2 weekends ago. I must apologise to anyone on the site that watched us because it led to some shouting. 'Divorce in a bag' is very apt but only for the first time you use it, as it is never going to fit into the bag it came in again.

The handbook for your caravan, the right cable for your TV aerial and a lighter or matches for your gas oven. If you remember any one of those things you'll have done better than we did on our first trip out. Strangely we remembered the corkscrew and the bottle opener! Have fun :)

May 24, 2014
Visit site
'Divorce in a bag' is very apt but only for the first time you use it, as it is never going to fit into the bag it came in again.

I always used to struggle to fold the thing properly until I watched one of the online videos, this is the best I have seen. When we got the new one home last week we took it out the bag to attach all the curtain paraphanalia rather than do it on site, and I purposely wanted to try to fold it again properly. Followed the video, worked a treat. Although this is Isabella, it works for ANY awning.
See for yourself

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffr_LWTUbmk[/video]

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I put our DIAB up on my own, both our are air models and it is EPLS to do singularly. The Long Haired Admiral forgetting the earl grey tea or the carefully planned first night dinner is another matter when it comes to divorce though… divorce in a shopping bag maybe. Enjoy your outing GG.

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
Well we're back after our first trip and it was great. We were at a site near St.Malo and the weather was fab. No problems with the caravan OR the awning. Easier than we thought to put up and get down again and it fitted into the bag just fine. The bed was really comfortable, I took someones advice on here and took a mattress topper. I've definately been converted from a previous motorhome owner to a caravan, I much prefer the caravan. Roll on the next trip out :woohoo:

Thankyou to all who gave advice, really appreciated and came in handy. :lol:

This is where we stayed, great for families
http://www.camping-longchamp.com/campsite-saint-lunaire-france.html

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Were back too,
we had a great time also, got sunburnt B), got wet :( , and like GG got the divorce in the bag up and down no problems , squeezed it back in the bag again :woohoo: , the bed was even more comfortable than our one at home, helped having a memory foam mattress topper. loved it, doing it again next month can't wait.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts