Fishing on site asking the impossible

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Cccan anyone recccommend a site with ccoarse fishing,still water only as my husband has health problems

The ideal site would have a lake in a very easy walking distance of the pitch,a small shop for essentials nearby,access to public transport as I dont drive so can leave him fishing and go off for the day,not bothered about facilities for children as ours have now all grown up

Oh and not Lincolnshire,nothing against Lincolnshire at all but have been there so often now they are trying to charge us Council Tax!!

Gill

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi www.northamfarm.co.uk is a great site for fishing and is free good faclitis good prices but dont go in childrens holidays you can pitch next to the pools

another nice site is the caravan club site milestones at newark on trent fishing is

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
I second OLD OAKS, lovely little quiet lake. great little on site shop, not far from glastonbury itself and spotless shower/bath facilities. its our favourite site!

Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
Hi Gill, Bromton on swale near Richmond in North Yorks has not only river fishing on site but a fishery right next to it.

It also has a shop take away and is only a couple of miles from Richmond which is a lovely market town, check web site!

John

Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
There's a detailed search option on www.caravan-sitefinder.co.uk that allows you to list sites with fishing in any part of the country. Click on Search on the home page, then on the left Recreations. Tick the Fishing box, 3rd one down.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'll 'third' the Olad Oaks at Glastonbury, one of the nicest sites we have stayed on.

Can't speak for the quality of the fishing but the lake is lovely, the shop is well stocked & it's possible to walk into Glastonbury - takes about half an hour.

I'm not sure about public transport but a the town is a very short taxi ride away.

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Thanks all for replies

I have seen the search options mentioned but as the fishing is either on or near the site I have spent quite some time looking at sites that appear on the lists only to find the fishing is actually 3 miles away

Apart from that reccommendations from other vanners is a better way to pick a site,been stung by glossy websites and brochures before

On that note Old Oaks at Glastonbury looks to be on next years listand as we live in Yorkshire Brompton looks a good place for a short break

Gill

Mar 31, 2006
Visit site
Thanks all for replies

I have seen the search options mentioned but as the fishing is either on or near the site I have spent quite some time looking at sites that appear on the lists only to find the fishing is actually 3 miles away

Apart from that reccommendations from other vanners is a better way to pick a site,been stung by glossy websites and brochures before

On that note Old Oaks at Glastonbury looks to be on next years listand as we live in Yorkshire Brompton looks a good place for a short break

Gill
Gill

Noticed you are from Yorkshire. My husband is also a keen fisherman. We go to the following sites quite often.

Woodhouse Farm, Ripon

www.woodhousewinksley.com

lovely site on Fountains Abbey Side of Ripon. Small pub on site which serves excellent food. Coarse fishing lake in the grounds so not much of a walk to the lake for your husband

Holme Valley Camping & Caravan Park Holmfirth http://www.caravancampingsites.co.uk/westyorkshire/holmevalley.htm

Open all year ask for pond side pitch. Your husband can then fish next to the caravan. I think this is my husbands favourite site. Bus not far away to Holmfirth.

If you are members of the caravan club there a re CL on fisheries. Red Rocks Fishery Preston. We've not tried this on yet.

Horns Dam Preston

http://www.caravancampingsites.co.uk/lancashire/hornsdam.htm
Lovely site. Pub half a mile down the road. Fishing very good so my husband says

Bank Farm, Nr Bewdley

http://www.bankfarmholidaypark.co.uk/
This site has a small caravan section. 7 pitches. Excellent views over Severn Valley. Has several course fishing lakes. There is also a section of the river you can fish. Lakes and river are not by caravan but are not far away.

Hope this gives you a few suggestions

Rachel

Jan 9, 2006
Visit site
if you can stand a little slow water river fishing there is riverside at stratford or weir meadow in the centre of evesham on both sites there are good banks and the van is about ten feet from the bank also evesham town is two minutes walk from van my wife goes to town and leaves me to it lovely

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts