Fit to Tow DVD

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I thought the dvd could've gone a lot further than it did. It only really covered the very basics, don't you think?

The dvd should've been made by members of this forum - or at least their thoughts/comments could've been taken into account.

Mac

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
Useful information for someone just starting, but no new information for those of us (the vast majority of readers) who have got over the first hirdles of towing a caravan.

Oct 7, 2006
Visit site
Useful information for someone just starting, but no new information for those of us (the vast majority of readers) who have got over the first hirdles of towing a caravan.
Some of us that read this forum are not experienced and appreciate all the hints and tips provided.We have now been and done the towing course which I would recommend as a much safer means of learning than try it out on the road and practice when we get there.

May 25, 2008
Visit site
Not really useful at all.

Nose weight, ratio was interesting, but I wanted more.

If this is really for people new to towing how about things about actually _towing_ like different speed limits, safe driving practice etc.

I think the money spent on "hapless Eric" could have been put to better use with more information on driving skills.

May 25, 2008
Visit site
I guess, trying to be more constructive, my point was that as someone who's new to towing, I would have preferred a more complete guide to the basics. The stuff they showed is obviously really important but I feel that other crticial basics (like speed limits) are equally important and it seems strange that it would be omitted.

At the end of the day, something is better than nothing and it's great to see the Highways Agency try to make a positive pre-emptive move to make the roads safer and our towing more successful/enjoyable, be nice to think there might be a follow up that could take this to the next step.

D

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Nice to see some effort to inform people but to most of us it was about as usefull as a hand brake on a canoe.

More detail on manouvering and reversing would of been great. As for saying that a small luggage trailer is impossible to reverse thatwas wrong. If you can master reversing a 6ft trailer then a 20ft caravan is a piece of cake. I can easily reverse a small trailer, but then I have towed for over 30 years.

Novices need to be informed and encouraged not put of by words of "impossable".

Steve l.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't they measure the noseweight with the handbrake on - at which point any shred of credibility disappeared.

I hate to be negative but have to agree what a complete waste of money.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts