Fitting a new radio

May 18, 2017
Visit site
In April I bought a 2002 McLouis motorhome, based on the Fiat Ducato. On way back up the motorway the radio sometimes worked sometimes not. Took it out to find there was no aerial connected just the cable so lucky it worked atall. Took it out and unfortunately threw it away.
Fitted a new DAB aerial and new speakers then bought a Chinese touch screen DAB radio on EBAY.
When switched on I thought it did not work as I could not hear anything, still had one off the old speakers so plugged it into the rear speaker outlet and with the volume at maximum could hear the music. Tried a CD in it, same result.
Returned it and supplier said it was working fine but refunded me anyway.
Bought a Pioneer conventional looking DAB radio from Halfords, exactly the same problem.
Found the volume within the radio setting could be changed so turned up to maximum with fader and balance at 0, slightly better but still need the spare speaker at my ear or my ear against the speaker grills to hear anything.
The sound is clear, no hiss no crackle, just extremely quiet.
Since it is the same with two different radios I am assuming there is something odd about the Fiat, it has the standard ISO connectors so difficult to connect it wrongly.
Anyone any ideas
Jim

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi there Jim! Welcome to the Practical Motorhome forum and thanks for posting. Sorry to learn you're having issues with the radio in your ’van. I am sure someone will be able to offer some advice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts