Five top tow cars recalled on safety grounds

Kate Taylor

Administrator
Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Some Jeep, Suzuki, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, Vauxhall and Toyota tow cars have just been recalled on safety grounds.

The faults may sound small, but could potentially cause fires, engine cut-outs, accidental airbag deployment or axle bolt failure – so please do make sure you take a look to see if your car is on the recall list!

Read my new tow car recall story to find out if yours is affected – after all, the manufacturers should fix the problem for free under the recall.

Stay safe, everyone.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thingy said:
And again, not a Shogun amongst them. :)
My bombproof 1997 Mitsubishi Pajero, basically a Mk 2 Shogun with an auto gearbox, finally let me down last week :(
The fan belt went! :lol:

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thingy said:
And again, not a Shogun amongst them. :)

2sgn082goodpost.gif

:) :) :)

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
With all due respect the Shogun hasn't really changed its under pinnings and drive train during its life time, dare i say its quite agricultural compared to other 4x4's?
Its not up to date still a ladder chassis, high emission engines and a 5 speed auto box , old but proven technology whereas the mentioned cars are more technologically advanced, so obviously creating more problems , not sure if that's a good thing?
It has some recalls in its life though, driveshaft and cam tensioner problems.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
MichaelE said:
With all due respect the Shogun hasn't really changed its under pinnings and drive train during its life time, dare i say its quite agricultural compared to other 4x4's?
Its not up to date still a ladder chassis, high emission engines and a 5 speed auto box , old but proven technology whereas the mentioned cars are more technologically advanced, so obviously creating more problems , not sure if that's a good thing?
It has some recalls in its life though, driveshaft and cam tensioner problems.

:oops: :oops: forgot about the cam tensioner!!!

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I think you will find that the recalls are preventive maintenance with a possibility that it could fail, all it needs is a couple to fail then it gets looked in to.
Seems unfair sometimes when the recall is because of a part made by an external company? I would think that happens most of the time.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
MichaelE said:
I think you will find that the recalls are preventive maintenance with a possibility that it could fail, all it needs is a couple to fail then it gets looked in to.
Seems unfair sometimes when the recall is because of a part made by an external company? I would think that happens most of the time.

I don't quite understand your point, why is it unfair? Unfair to whom?

As a customer I would prefer to be told there is a potential problem with a product before it has the chance of hurting me or anyone else.
As a seller, they will almost certainly have back up from whomever supplied them back through the supply chain.
Ultimately the costs of recalls get fed back to the manufacture who messed up.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Be grateful Consumerism and American style Litigation make Manufacturers do these recalls which years ago got brushed under the carpet.
I guess the Caravan Industry remains in the dark ages ;)

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
MichaelE said:

I don't quite understand your point, why is it unfair? Unfair to whom?

As a customer I would prefer to be told there is a potential problem with a product before it has the chance of hurting me or anyone else.
As a seller, they will almost certainly have back up from whomever supplied them back through the supply chain.
Ultimately the costs of recalls get fed back to the manufacture who messed up.
Sometimes its unfair for the Car manufacturer to take all the blame for parts which are not manufactured by themselves

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts