Fixed beds. What make do I want

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
My good lady wants to change our caravan. Her ideal is a fixed bed with separate wash-room ( she does not like the idea of having the wash basin in the bed area). I was tempted with a Lunar Lexon EW but it is too heavy for my Nissan X-trail. Can anyone suggest a model that may keep her happy

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Have a look on the lunar website and you will find quite a few vans which are well within your weight range. They have all the layouts and weights, I have a clubman SB it had a MTPLM of 1440.

Les

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Do some internet research of various makers to look at the interior details. Fixed double bed widths and lengths vary quite a lot from maker to maker and if one or both of you are tall, this could easily be the deciding factor.
Also consider which side of the bed is your usual sleeping side at home and check that the shorter' side of the caravan bed will accommodate the appropriate sleeper. It can take quite a long time to get used to sleeping 'the other side' and if you only have a short holiday this can be annoying.

Similarly, if like me/us you are of a 'certain age' and thus having to get up during the night, check how this fits with the bed layout.

Sorry to be so basic but it's very easy to overlook this sort of detail in the excitement of a new 'van

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
We have the Bailey Pageant Sancerre.
MTPLM 1435kg. We tow with a 2007 Honda CRV 2.2 Deisel
Fixed double bed with rear washroom.
Maybe what you are looking for?
Ade

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If you like the Lunar look at the Quasar. Frankly all makes produce this layout and it is really a question of looking at all those in your weight and price range and seeing which suits you. It is all a matter of personal taste.

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
We've just got an Adria Adora 612DP which has the island bed on the rear wall and the washroom/toilet in the middle. Perfect for what we wanted where we can walk down both sides of the bed. 1500Kg MTPLM so fits your requirements perfectly. Only problem we found was they are very hard to find second hand!!

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
The Swift Challenger 560 has an MTPLM of 1500kg and has an island bed with a wardrobe each side of the bed, with 2 storage cupboards over. It has a side washroom, with a semi-circular door to the shower, giving more room. The island bed is easy to make, as you can get around each side to tuck in sheets without doing your back in. As already mentioned, if one of you needs to get out in the night, you can do so without disturbing the other. No more humping cushions around late at night either! The bed can be made up before you leave on your trip too, which is handy.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
When OH picks the right lottery numbers we're getting an Elddis crusader with the island bed and amidships washroom. :)
mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts