Fixed beds - which one?

Sep 25, 2005
Visit site
The time has come for hubby to stop his fight each weekend with the bed making a buy a fixed bed caravan!

It has to fit on our drive so max length is 23', needs fixed bed, pref L shaped seating with at least one long seat to use as single bed. Preferable separate shower cubicle and prefer separate bedroom (hubbys an early riser I like a long lie in!)- also to use to dry off and dress in.

We tow with a jeep so weight isn't a problem, we don't mind new or second hand (no older than 4 years though) So! - any ideas which vans may suit us?

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Julie, we've got an Abbey Aventura 319 and love the layout. L shape lounge, which you can sleep on without making up, seperate bedroom, however the shower is not seperate. If you had a look at the Vogue spec there is a van the same but with a seperate shower. The bed is across the back of the van.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
as for hubby being an "early riser", steady there are people on this forum which will not only take that the wrong way but will no doubt take offence!

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Julie

Been looking with tongue hanging out at a new fixed bed too

I also like L shaped lounges and the fav fix bed seen so far is the Sterling Eccles Opal

Shower cubicle in bathroom,the L pulls out to a double if needed and about 7m long which if I remember will be within the 23 feet limit

Gill

Sep 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi Julie,

We've Just ordered a Pageant botrdeaux fixed bed for delivery in April. We looked at the swift Charisma which was roughly the same price but we felt the pagaent was better for us. The length is about 23 ft. We're trading in a Ranger 510 4/L which had the L shaped lounge, as we never really felt that comfortable with it. We're really looking forward to being able to relax in the evening and then simply go to bed without the usual fight with the cushions (especially when we have 2 teenage children and a dog who are clambering over them). we really have found the bed making in the L shape a chore and it has probably driven us to the fixed bed.

Good Luck, Carl

Sep 3, 2002
Visit site
Anyone who has the Senator Indiana? Does the fixed bed have sprung upholstery? The online manual suggests it is foam-filled but the spec on the website says the upholstery is sprung.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Before you purchase your caravan with a fixed bed ask about the price of replacement of the matress. I understand that they are an extortionate amount of money!

May 12, 2005
Visit site
we went for the fixed singles option at least you dont have to climb over each other and at 2ft 10inch wide they are comfortable, the van is a LMC 520 hte 7.3 mtrs shipping length

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site
Julie

Been looking with tongue hanging out at a new fixed bed too

I also like L shaped lounges and the fav fix bed seen so far is the Sterling Eccles Opal

Shower cubicle in bathroom,the L pulls out to a double if needed and about 7m long which if I remember will be within the 23 feet limit

Gill
Before you go for the 'L' shape try it first. See if both of you can get comfortable with your feet up. Try the table out and see if you then still have room. We found it the most uncomfortable van we have ever had and sold it within 6 months going back the the comfortable bench seats with the pull out table at the from.

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
I HAVE A FLEETWOOD HERITAGE 2002 MODEL FOR SALE. IF LOOKING FOR A LUXURY CARAVAN, THEN IT'S GOOD TO BE THE HERITAGE. END BED, SHOWER, TOILET, BUILT IN MICROWAVE, RADIO/CD, FRIDGE, FREEZER. INTERESTED CALL 07761 280059 OR E: mary-thorburn@fsmail.net

Aug 9, 2005
Visit site
Before you go for the 'L' shape try it first. See if both of you can get comfortable with your feet up. Try the table out and see if you then still have room. We found it the most uncomfortable van we have ever had and sold it within 6 months going back the the comfortable bench seats with the pull out table at the from.

Hi, same here we had the Eccles Amethyst, L shape Lounge, could not get comfy sold it only 1 year old.and you lose a lot of money so think twice before deceiding.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts