fixed bunks

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
hi everyone im thinking of updating my sterling europa 520 1997 van for a newer one with fixed bunks i av 3 children so looking for 5/6 berth anybody got any good views on any make and model

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
William,

I have been using an Avondale Rialto 535/5 for the last 4 seasons. It has the end bedroom with 3 fixed bunks in for the children. Has worked well, but they only made that layout for the 2003 season, so I don't think there are too many around.

What has come in particularly handy has been the extra power/aerial sockets in the kid room so they can have TV or use a playstation in bad weather. My oldest is just growing out of his bunk now, mind you he is 17.

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We upgraded this summer to a Bailey Pageant Bretangue, 6 berth, fixed bunks at the back. Ours is a series 5. We like you have 3 kids. Lovely caravan, works very well for us, kids love the bunks and side dinette - its their area so to speak. The Bretangue has a very useful cupboard on your right as you enter the van, its under the top bunk, does make the bottom bunk slightly shorter. Kids keep their toys/ games there, we keep things like dust pan and brush etc on the bottom shelf. The space under the bottom bunk is good, useful for the aqua roll and waste water container while towing, on site we put the first aid kit, shoes etc. The Bretangue has windows at the back, we like this as it means we can see around the van, important for us.

A couple of minor niggles, the position of an electrical socket next to the sink, its next to one of the front seating areas. You can work round it. We had asked our dealer to put a TV socket for the front chest- this means that more people can see the TV, including those on the bunks. Lighting at the back of the van is a bit limited, no top light near the bunks, you use the lights for each bunk. These are minor niggles for us.

Hope this helps. Annette

TRENDING THREADS