fixed Motor movers

Jun 15, 2005
Visit site
can anyone suggest a well made reliable fixed motor mover please for my Burstner 520tl. its plated to 1500kg.I know its generaly down to personal preferance but we had a carver unit fitted for approx 5 years and its been a load of 4xxx.we have had to put up with the caravan going round in circles and kangaroo hopping for most of its life.Harringtons of chester have been very good and doing there best to repair it by changing box, wires ,rollers ,etc but after one or two trips it plays up again. some have suggested powertouch movers, any expressed experiance with this mover or any other would be appreciated

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Contact Powrtouch/ Powrwheel and tell them size and weight of van and wheel size - if they think it will be o.k. then I would suggest you try - they do offer a 5 year warranty and local fitting.

I'm a satisfied customer with a 1550 Kg. single axle van.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My Bailey Provence (MPTLM 1420 kgs) is powered by a Powrtouch heavy duty model 3. It has soft start, so you can creep upto your towbar and if fitted by Powrtouch a full no quibble 5 year warranty. If you fit it, they will cover the parts but not the labour if it goes wrong, again for 5 years. It also doesn't sit as low as the Reich, particularly if fitted in front of the axle.

May 10, 2005
Visit site
I would recommend Powrtouch too. My van has to go up a small dropped kerb to get into my back garden. I found it imposssible to push up the kerb myself (new to caravaning and even though I'd been on a CC manouvering course I was rubbish at reversing!) so every time I came back from a trip my kind neighbour used to have to come out and help me. Having seen a guy use the Powrtouch whist at a CC site last year I phoned Powrtouch to make enquiries and the guy I spoke to was brilliant so I decided to order on the understanding that when it was fitted (at my home) we'd have a go and if it didn't go up the kerb it would be removed and cost me nothing. It worked no problem, thing is now my reversing has improved I don't always use it. But it's there if I need it and I've never ever had any problems with it.

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Shane, To uninstall your mover, Disconnect the battery, remove pos & neg connection from battery to reciever, remove connection from receiver to motors,raise the front of van as far as possible (assumming the mover is fitted at the front of the wheels)with draw the wires thro the van floor, remove the stop blocks from the chassis these are located behind the mover,place blocks or jack under the motor to take the weight,slacken the bolts in the tie bar which connects the two sides of the mover together, undo the u-bolts both sides of the chassis,slide of the tie-bar,be aware of the weight of each motor,seal up the holes in the floor of the van, and that's it.Metz.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
powrtouch without a doubt,it seems to be the the one we are all going for.as for uninstalling the carver,if you get the powrtouch fitted have a word with powrtouch im sure you could come to some arrangement for this

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
I'm glad that I'm not the only one that's had trouble with the carver mover. Ours was fitted when we bought our twin axle senator, guess where ...?... and how....?.... with mastic above the fire under the airing cupboard. What happened next....?....

on our second trip out in the middle of winter in the dark, we blew out the electric post on the site because something was overheating in our van .... what was it .... the fire... why..? ... because the carver remote control box had slid off the wall ontop of the fire and had melted like a banana on top of it ... so we took it back, complained, had a new one, which ... was now fitted in the correct place but.... didn't work... so we took it back, they changed the hand set.... but ... it didn't work... took it back, changed the box, changed the hand set ... didn't work.... changed the hand set and eventually it worked... until we went to use it on our next trip out.... hubby went off for the day and left me to try and work it out ... it had now been located in the ideal place under the front bed box, BUT IT WAS UPSIDE DOWN and I couldn't get at the buttons to reset the damn thing.... so I had to unscrew the whole lot and then re set it. Are all the movers as bad or am I a one off with this carver, I'd like to know because I've just sold my van and am getting a new one in a couple of weeks which will also need a mover fitted.

Sian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm glad that I'm not the only one that's had trouble with the carver mover. Ours was fitted when we bought our twin axle senator, guess where ...?... and how....?.... with mastic above the fire under the airing cupboard. What happened next....?....

on our second trip out in the middle of winter in the dark, we blew out the electric post on the site because something was overheating in our van .... what was it .... the fire... why..? ... because the carver remote control box had slid off the wall ontop of the fire and had melted like a banana on top of it ... so we took it back, complained, had a new one, which ... was now fitted in the correct place but.... didn't work... so we took it back, they changed the hand set.... but ... it didn't work... took it back, changed the box, changed the hand set ... didn't work.... changed the hand set and eventually it worked... until we went to use it on our next trip out.... hubby went off for the day and left me to try and work it out ... it had now been located in the ideal place under the front bed box, BUT IT WAS UPSIDE DOWN and I couldn't get at the buttons to reset the damn thing.... so I had to unscrew the whole lot and then re set it. Are all the movers as bad or am I a one off with this carver, I'd like to know because I've just sold my van and am getting a new one in a couple of weeks which will also need a mover fitted.

Sian
powrtouch sian thats for sure

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Powertouch is the one to go for, the mark 3 for 1500kgs. I ordered mine at the GMex show after looking at the Reich, no one could be bothered showing up at the carver stand!!!. I ordered the Mk 2 but after a lenthy wait due to some problems they sent the Mk 3 for the same price. I havn,t used it a lot as yet but all the forums will report their after sales service second to none, and they come to you no matter where you are in the UK if there is a local fitter. Unfortunatly, you omly get to know how good a company is when things go wrong.

Good Luck Brian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i must be the only person happy with my carver. it shoves a 1600kg argente twin up a curb and into position on my drive with no trouble at all. its not let me down at all.......yet!

Jun 15, 2005
Visit site
Shane, To uninstall your mover, Disconnect the battery, remove pos & neg connection from battery to reciever, remove connection from receiver to motors,raise the front of van as far as possible (assumming the mover is fitted at the front of the wheels)with draw the wires thro the van floor, remove the stop blocks from the chassis these are located behind the mover,place blocks or jack under the motor to take the weight,slacken the bolts in the tie bar which connects the two sides of the mover together, undo the u-bolts both sides of the chassis,slide of the tie-bar,be aware of the weight of each motor,seal up the holes in the floor of the van, and that's it.Metz.
many thanks for your help metz. followed your advise worked a treat

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts