Flat battery

Jan 18, 2023
Visit site
Hi all
I tried to move caravan other day with the motor mover,no luck due to wheel stuck,brake,few taps wheel sorted next day went to work the motor mover nothing,I had left the key in for motor mover,would this give me flat battery, I put multi meter on,think it was 11.57,any help appreciated đź‘Ť

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi all
I tried to move caravan other day with the motor mover,no luck due to wheel stuck,brake,few taps wheel sorted next day went to work the motor mover nothing,I had left the key in for motor mover,would this give me flat battery, I put multi meter on,think it was 11.57,any help appreciated đź‘Ť
Most motor movers isolate themselves after a few minutes of inactivity so shouldn't have flattened the battery.

Recharge the battery, ideally with a smart charger.

Jan 8, 2006
Visit site
Hi all
I leave mine on for weeks and the battery is fine.

Jan 18, 2023
Visit site
Thank you for your replies, I have ordered this charger,I have lived in the caravan for 5 years,with mains electric, maybe time for new battery

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230715_205637_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230715_205637_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    543.8 KB · Views: 7
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
That’s a good quality smart charger. Don’t write the battery off too quickly. See what time on the NOCO achieves. You could also check the battery connections. Not just the clamping terminal to the battery but the security of the cable wires within the clamp.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
That’s a good quality smart charger. Don’t write the battery off too quickly. See what time on the NOCO achieves. You could also check the battery connections. Not just the clamping terminal to the battery but the security of the cable wires within the clamp.
I'll second that - 5 years with the battery connected to an onboard supply giving 13.8v float voltage will have allowed substantial sulphation - a good smart charger will go through a reconditioning cycle and help restore it.

Jan 18, 2023
Visit site
I'll second that - 5 years with the battery connected to an onboard supply giving 13.8v float voltage will have allowed substantial sulphation - a good smart charger will go through a reconditioning cycle and help restore it.
Thank you,its a expense I could have done without at moment, but it will come in handy,had car flat battery last winter,could have done with it then

Jan 18, 2023
Visit site
Will check all those,thank you,I tried to move caravan with motor mover last week,with no luck,because unbeknown to me brake was stuck,kept trying and trying for to long tbh,I wonder if that drained the battery ?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Will check all those,thank you,I tried to move caravan with motor mover last week,with no luck,because unbeknown to me brake was stuck,kept trying and trying for to long tbh,I wonder if that drained the battery ?
In that case check the fuse for the motor mover, they are somewhere in the rating of 80 amps, so if the brake was stuck on, the fuse might have blown.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts