Fleetwood colchester caravan axle

Apr 19, 2024
Visit site
Hi. I have a Fleetwood colchester Caravan 2006 2 berth. When I was checking the tyres etc I noticed the rubber was exposed and split on the axle beam. (as photo) is this anything to worry about as the wheel is secure, drives straight & is the same height as the other side.PSX_20240420_173006.jpg

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm 90% certain the axle manufacturer would not leave a flap of rubber exposed like that without good reason, so the fact it has split, is probably indicative that its aged/worn and might begin to compromise the function of the suspension, or the "tracking "of the stub axle it supports.

I suggest you do have it checked by an expert.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It’s an elderly caravan and if both sides look similar, albeit one has a crack, I wonder if the square section in the picture is for controlling sideways movement. When my OS axle rubber suspension failed it was only on one side where it extruded, Wheras the OP sides are similar except on square section has cracked. Not surprising as it’s nearly 20 years old. Also neither side has dropped its suspension height, Wheras mine dropped noticeably on the OS.

I would recommend having it looked at by an Approved Workshop Scheme dealership or mobile AWS technician.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts