Floe drain kit

SiB

Oct 7, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I’ve recently purchased one of these but in peoples experience how long does it / should it take to reach 15psi? Cheers

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Never used one in 7 or 8 years I have been caravaning , & never had a problem . I just leave all the taps open as soon as we leave this site and empty the system until we get back onto the site and fill the system again .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Never used one in 7 or 8 years I have been caravaning , & never had a problem . I just leave all the taps open as soon as we leave this site and empty the system until we get back onto the site and fill the system again .

Ditto

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
SiB said:
Hi, I’ve recently purchased one of these but in peoples experience how long does it / should it take to reach 15psi? Cheers
Sib, I just use a trucktyre valve connected to the inlet pipe that goes inthe waterbutt, usig a foot pump I pumpto one bar and then go roud openigthefirst tap blow the water out by openig the tap then close the tap and repeat process finishing with the main drain valve

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Hello SiB,

Using a tyre compressor, ISTR that it took between 20 and 30 seconds to pressurise the system. I’ve had one for a number of years and find them to be a great piece of kit. Depending upon the layout and where pipes are routed, it’s virtually impossible to get ALL residual water out of the system without. Whilst there might not be enough water left in the pipes to cause damage if it freezes, getting all the water out might well prevent the build up of “nasties” in the pipework.

Nigel.

gyp

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
After reading good reviews I bought this kit this year. 4 weeks ago left Peak District with all taps and heater drain open and assumed that all water would be out of the system by the time we got back to Wiltshire.
I decided to use our Floe kit on the van this week , to see if there was any water in the system.
I removed almost a litre of water ( to my surprise.)
With a longer colder winter forecast , I feel happier that the water system is well drained.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
gyp said:
After reading good reviews I bought this kit this year. 4 weeks ago left Peak District with all taps and heater drain open and assumed that all water would be out of the system by the time we got back to Wiltshire.
I decided to use our Floe kit on the van this week , to see if there was any water in the

Same here well over a litre of water I get out the system .
I removed almost a litre of water ( to my surprise.)
With a longer colder winter forecast , I feel happier that the water system is well drained.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts