FOOTBALLS AND DENTED CARAVANS-GET READY THE WORLD CUP IS ABOU...

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
ok,there is only 3 days to go,but just wait,come next week someone will be complaining that they have had there caravan dented by perhaps parents and children playing football next to new caravans,cars.just you wait,how long before this happens.Having experienced this only 2 months ago the caravan club wardens seem powerless to act yet most caravan club sites say no ball games.i always thought no ball games meant no ball games except in the childrens play area.having just returned from troutbeck this is a very organised site where children play in the play area with balls yet at caravan club in pembrey south wales no respect from flying balls.QUESTION-IF CHILDREN WERE PLAYING NEAR YOUR VAN WITH LEATHER BALLS WOULD YOU GO OUT AND SAY SOMETHING TO THE PARENTS,we all work hard and dont expect our property damaged ,eg cars,vans,awnings etc.your forum so would appeciate your comments

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Dave until the C.C. enforce the rules it will carry on. As soon as you arrive on site one of the first signs you see is "Everyone loves your dog - on a lead" - how often do you see dogs off leads, its a regular occurrence. Wardens, at the risk of being called Hitlers, should approach these people politely and ask them to refrain from their anti social behaviour. If they refuse Wardens should be empowered to remove them from the site. Persistent offenders should be banned from the club. Fortunately I haven't been anywhere that ball games are a problem but as a dog owner it does **** me off to see dogs off leads and me being tarred with the same brush by anti dog people.

Apr 1, 2006
Visit site
Hi dave,

This is just another manifestation of the modern disease that this country is in the terminal stages of - SELFISHNESS! You see it everywhere, on the roads, in shops, on caravan sites!! Until we get some authority and respect back in society and decent parenting (What are the chances of that with the politicians and the do gooders stopping chastisement of children by parents!!!)we, the silent majority will just have to man the barracades and do what we can. If they HAD to pay for damage their kids caused- I wonder if it change things?

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Dave

I can not stand football but I do not mind over people play it but if some thick of my got damaged by some one who was play foot ball. I would ask what they were going to do about it but if I was not happy with what they were going to do I would get the police to sort it out and I would be get the wife to write to the caravan club to say on of there site warden was not do there job right has well.

Mark

P,S I thick football is the big trouble coarser out.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry Mark

But at the risk of opening old wounds - how the heck can "football" be the problem?

Football itself does not cause holliganism - it is the tribal instincts of a neandathal few that tag onto it that cause the problem. AT last we in the UK seem to be dealing with it by taking away the muppets passports.

I feel ashamed when we see such hooliganism with three lions all over it.

Lutz - an appology to you and your nation for the idiots that will probably get through.

As for damage to a caravan - again "football" is not the porblem, just individuals both adult and child who ignore rules designed to protect said caravans.

As for getting the police involved!

Anyone taking their caravan to the New Forest should be aware that after 6pm there is no police cover! So even a house burglary will have to wait until the next day or so.

So if anyone thinks that the Police will hot foot it to a caravan site to stop little Johnny from kicking his ball about where he shouldn't on sort out any damage incurred - dream on!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Sorry Clive V

But I sit see football as the big trouble as it is the root of it that stared it.

I did not say the Police would hot foot it to the sit but I would accept them to do so thick about it.

Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I see football as the excuse these neanderthals need to start trouble.

If football was not there - they would choose something else.

As for the Police - overstretched and far too much paperwork. I was certainly not knocking them.

But I really do not believe that the police would be that interested based upon the community feedback we have had on the policing levels available.

For a start - if they come to your "incident" - that one incident will create hours of paperwork for them. Paperwork that will keep them from patrolling.

Blunkett (the idiot) tied them up in so much administration on every action they took that they are virtualy paralised for the simple stuff so they would rather not get involved.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Can I just point out a fact that it's not only England who have football supporters who are described as Nethandrals, all national as well as clubs have their fair share.

It's not just an English problem as most will already know. Lutz will know in Germany that Neo Nazi's will probably hijack the tournament for their own ends besmirching the name of football. Holland and France also have extreme right wing followers.

Hooliganism is an age old problem and not confined to ENGLISH football. I remember going to an away game in the 50s with Mansfield Town and the train was damaged, its a wonder nobody was injured from flying light bulbs. I remember also the Scots running amok at Wembley in the 70s, ripping up the turf, broke the goal posts and ran along the underground tunnels causing the authorities to shut down the whole London Underground. That was before Blair or his government came to power so I'm sure he'll be pleased to know some forum members can't blame him for that :O) hehheh!

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Just a note

If you van gets damaged by a football then it is criminal damage and should be reported to the police with the reg number of the person who damaged the van (or their parents). The Police will probably do nothing but the insurance company can recover their costs from the reg. If this happens then you also have the right to hire a van while yours is being sorted and recover the costs again!

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That works only if you have witnesses and an admission of guilt Steve.

When most complaints meet with "It wasn't me" and "It wasn't my kids" you would need some very good evidence to convince an insurance company it is worth their while spending thousands on chasing a claim for a couple of hundred GBP's worth of damage.

May 14, 2006
Visit site
The World Cup is a chance for a lot of pride in our nation and a chance for some to blow off a little steam.

As for children, we complain that parents leave them to their own ends and then complain if Dads kick a ball with them on a campsite.

So what if the van gets a bit of a dent, better than having the kids out of sight getting into other mischief.

The World Cup is chance for togetherness so go and join the campsite footy in a spirit of unity and the odd good mis aimed kick will result in a stylish matching dent in your tormentors van.

As for the real WC games, in a spirit of European brotherhood let the thugs head for Germany and hopefuly those nice German Police will provide some long term homes for the idiots we don't want on our streets on a weekend night.

After all the Germans have a good reputation for prison keeping ;-)

Being VERY PC of course, I do of course mean in recent times :)

Brian C

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Brian - I am obviously missing something here as nobody has said kicking a ball about is a bad thing. Just near caravans is not wise!

As for a mis aimed kick hitting your "tormenters" van - do you really see those who are simply NOT kicking a ball about as Tormenters?

I am hoping I have misunderstood what you have posted?

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
Can I just point out a fact that it's not only England who have football supporters who are described as Nethandrals, all national as well as clubs have their fair share.

It's not just an English problem as most will already know. Lutz will know in Germany that Neo Nazi's will probably hijack the tournament for their own ends besmirching the name of football. Holland and France also have extreme right wing followers.

Hooliganism is an age old problem and not confined to ENGLISH football. I remember going to an away game in the 50s with Mansfield Town and the train was damaged, its a wonder nobody was injured from flying light bulbs. I remember also the Scots running amok at Wembley in the 70s, ripping up the turf, broke the goal posts and ran along the underground tunnels causing the authorities to shut down the whole London Underground. That was before Blair or his government came to power so I'm sure he'll be pleased to know some forum members can't blame him for that :O) hehheh!
Haw Hey!! why the unprovoked attack on us Jocks? ok, yes we did rip-up Wembley but that was just good-natured banter!

and we have cleaned up our act in recent years - you see in those days we thought we would be world champs, now we're just totally CRAP=no point rioting. (",)

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
When the kids were young they would play ball games on the garden. We had really nice neighbours, if the ball went over the hedge it was understood that the kids had to wait 20 minutes before it was thrown back over, this made them very careful!! If it went over again they would get it back the next day.

Helen

May 19, 2006
Visit site
The World Cup is a chance for a lot of pride in our nation and a chance for some to blow off a little steam.

As for children, we complain that parents leave them to their own ends and then complain if Dads kick a ball with them on a campsite.

So what if the van gets a bit of a dent, better than having the kids out of sight getting into other mischief.

The World Cup is chance for togetherness so go and join the campsite footy in a spirit of unity and the odd good mis aimed kick will result in a stylish matching dent in your tormentors van.

As for the real WC games, in a spirit of European brotherhood let the thugs head for Germany and hopefuly those nice German Police will provide some long term homes for the idiots we don't want on our streets on a weekend night.

After all the Germans have a good reputation for prison keeping ;-)

Being VERY PC of course, I do of course mean in recent times :)

Brian C
Clive, i cannot believe your comment about damage to other vans, or cars! do you not take great pride in your hard earnt holiday home? Why should the majority of us have to put up with this? you should have more consideration for other campers!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Brian - John - I think I realise the misunderstanding.

If Brian is saying when people play football near your caravan - go and join them and aim a few balls at their vans - then yes I can understand how this could make you feel better. Tho' I suspect they will be the first in the queue with witnesses and damage claims.

But when I read it - it seems that Brain is saying the "Tormenters" are those that do not want ball games being played - not those that are playing!

Hence my comment "I am hoping I have misunderstood what you have posted?"

So John - re your post:-

"Clive, I cannot believe your comment about damage to other vans, or cars! do you not take great pride in your hard earnt holiday home? Why should the majority of us have to put up with this? you should have more consideration for other campers!"

I think we somehow got our wires crossed! I could not agree with you more John! Certainly as I am the one who has been pilloried on here by a vocal minority that believes the sun shines out of darling little kiddies whatsits and they should have a free reign to do what they want!

Whereas I am a passionate campaigner for the rights of the individual not to be diluted by "human rights" of any Tom Dick or Harry that has been brought up with no respect for others.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dave,

I've just come back from the Pembrey C.C site and know exactly what you mean about football games between pitches. I spent a couple of evenings wincing as I saw leather footballs being used and many 'near misses'.In fact, my neighbours mercedes was hit twice. I sometimes think games get 'hijacked' by older children and what starts out as a simple ball game between with todlers ends up with bigger & stronger children turning it into a 'proper match'with high kicks and more powereful shots. My own children were tempted to join in, but 'boring old dad here' wouldn't let them.

I also noticed that the games were only played between the grass pitches and not the hardstanding.

Aug 9, 2005
Visit site
Clive, i cannot believe your comment about damage to other vans, or cars! do you not take great pride in your hard earnt holiday home? Why should the majority of us have to put up with this? you should have more consideration for other campers!

What do you mean if the Van or Car gets Damaged, OMG what is it all coming to, most of us have paid thousands for our cars and Vans and I am certainly not going to let some yobbo damage it, I would report it to the warden if he does nothing I would report him /her to the Club,no BALLS, no KITES, and no BIKES,then report the offender to the Insurance company the more of us that do this will make the offenders think again,

May 14, 2006
Visit site
Sorry gents, the comment was tongue in cheek and posted as a gentle wind up.

Respect for others property no matter what it cost is what goes in our family camping rule book.

As a generalisation, the thought that one could just pretend to join in with a between vans game of footy and seek well planned revenge on a parent/s that should be in control of children when they have no concerns for others property just appealed to my darker side.

To often it seems that one is expected to take and accept others poor manners but retaliation or even the thought of it is frowned upon. Why ?

Expect to get back what you serve up, is surely fair.

Brian C

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry gents, the comment was tongue in cheek and posted as a gentle wind up.

Respect for others property no matter what it cost is what goes in our family camping rule book.

As a generalisation, the thought that one could just pretend to join in with a between vans game of footy and seek well planned revenge on a parent/s that should be in control of children when they have no concerns for others property just appealed to my darker side.

To often it seems that one is expected to take and accept others poor manners but retaliation or even the thought of it is frowned upon. Why ?

Expect to get back what you serve up, is surely fair.

Brian C
No problem Brian - I can see what you meant now. As you can see - I was confused as to what you meant.

Let's not let those who want auguments spoil it !!!

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Dave until the C.C. enforce the rules it will carry on. As soon as you arrive on site one of the first signs you see is "Everyone loves your dog - on a lead" - how often do you see dogs off leads, its a regular occurrence. Wardens, at the risk of being called Hitlers, should approach these people politely and ask them to refrain from their anti social behaviour. If they refuse Wardens should be empowered to remove them from the site. Persistent offenders should be banned from the club. Fortunately I haven't been anywhere that ball games are a problem but as a dog owner it does **** me off to see dogs off leads and me being tarred with the same brush by anti dog people.
I agree with the dog situation, its another rule that has a blind eye turned to it. We would love nothing better to let our dog run free (and so would she), but no - we stick to the rules, just wish other dog owners would!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My two neighbours on my site (we have seasonal pitches) allow their four boys to kick their footballs everywhere, then, when it goes under other vans, they are allowed to take a massive pole(remains of a poorly erected awning) and to shove in under nearby vans to retrieve the ball. The fact that they may be damaging gas pipes and water pipes, has never occured to the adults. I am so angry that I can't bring myself to even speak to them.

Last weekend, another two families arrived and played football in fromt of our van, miles away from their own vans and looked genuinely confused when we suggested that they play on their own pitch. It isn't even the children, usually. Often the children will be playing nicely, then the adults come over all athletic and start running around with the ball whilst the children run to and fro crying because they won't let them play. I am sick of the sight of huge, fat, hairy bodies in football shirts and sleeveless vests all trying to look like their favourite player. Grow up for God's sake and go and do a crossword!!!!!

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
well done Debbie you got it spot on ,we bought one of the first series 5 Moselle ,and took it to the CC at St Davids in west Wales ,and because the grass field was wider by our pitch they used to play football by our caravan ,one day we went out and when we came back i noticed the rear light the small one by the roof tailfin was pushed in ,the lens was still intact but the fibre glass surrounding it was pushed in ,of cause no one saw any thing , a small child was nearly knocked off his bike as a ball went flying across the road and got stuck under a caravan , i could write a lot more but there is some thing on TV i want to watch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts