Ford Galaxy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have just purchased a Ford Galaxy and was wondering what sort of tow car it is. My model is a 1.9 turbo diesel two years old. Any comments would be appreciated thanks.

Maria

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have the alhambra (90bhp) my brother has the vw version (110bhp) which is basicly the same car as the galaxy. I tow a 750kg van (15cwt) without any problem. My brother went down south this year with a van a little heavier than mine 4 adults 2 teenagers 1 6yr old a wheelchair awrning patio set and every thing else you take for a fortnights holliday and he said it towed great and he got 28 mpg.The only thing i would say is if you are pulling on grass on a slight incline (like on & off a pitch) and its wet it does tend to slip.Im getting a heavier van next year something about 1000kgs and im not worried. All in all we think its a good tow car. Hope this helps Richard.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Unless its the low powered 90PS version the galaxy is a superb towcar. I tow a twin axle Lunar no problem. I towed a 17ft challenger before this and he car didnt have to try.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Started vanning last year with a Bailey Imperial MTPL 1191kgs and Renault Laguna, changed to Galaxy 1.9D this year. Hills we towed with the Renault we went up 10mph faster this. Very pleased with it and it doesn't ground on all the speed humps as the Renault did. We got 38mpg going to Kent from Dorset for our hols, but only 29 on the return after being stuck in traffic on the M25.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts