ford modeo 2.0 TDCi

Feb 12, 2006
Visit site
am thinking of purchasing this vehicle as a tow vehicle. We only have a small 2 birth caravan. Can anybody give me any feed back as to towing capabilities, fuel consuption etc.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I tow a Compass 362 MTPLM 1050kgs with a Mondeo TDCi 130 bhp and it's an outstanding towcar in every way, as I'm sure a lot of other people will soon be along to tell you. I get 33-36 mpg towing, depending on conditions, and up to 64 mpg cruising solo on motorways in 6th gear. The whole towing experience is effortles,although I find 6th is usually too high for towing at the legal limits. Noseweight capability is 75kg. If you have the 115 bhp version, that's excellent too. You can't go wrong either way.

Cheers

Graham

Apr 11, 2006
Visit site
Hi Jerry

I agree with everything Graham says i tow a Bailey Ranger with a mtplm of 1270 and my Mondeo pulls it no problem at all , i have the 130.Hope this helps . Thomas

Oct 13, 2005
Visit site
Jerry

I have the petrol 2.0 ghia x Mondeo and I tow a Sprite Major Super 5 berth which is about 1275kg all in and it great I get 34mpg solo on the motorway and around 25mpg towing and its really stale even recently in heavy rain and blustery winds it was stable. When I replace the Mondeo I will most likely get the TDCI version as it can only be better than the petrol one.

Jul 25, 2005
Visit site
Jerry,

I think you will have got the message by now, how good the mondeo is as a straight forward towcar ( non four wheel drive ) family car.

I bought my TDCi 130 bhp in February this year on recomendation of a caravanning friend. Best thing I ever did, as far as I can tell from my limited experience in the sort time that Iv'e had it.

I get about 52mpg solo but have not been away often enough to calculate mpg with van attached.

Happy Easter and peacefull caravanning.

Pop

My van is a two berth Lunar LX2000 mtplw = 1140kg.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Jerry,

I think you will have got the message by now, how good the mondeo is as a straight forward towcar ( non four wheel drive ) family car.

I bought my TDCi 130 bhp in February this year on recomendation of a caravanning friend. Best thing I ever did, as far as I can tell from my limited experience in the sort time that Iv'e had it.

I get about 52mpg solo but have not been away often enough to calculate mpg with van attached.

Happy Easter and peacefull caravanning.

Pop

My van is a two berth Lunar LX2000 mtplw = 1140kg.
Pop you shouldnt have to work your MPG out ,if its an up to date Mondeo ,the computer works it out and displays the MPG on the dashboard

Jul 25, 2005
Visit site
Pop you shouldnt have to work your MPG out ,if its an up to date Mondeo ,the computer works it out and displays the MPG on the dashboard
joby,

Your right computer works it out for you. I am getting 47.2mpg according to the computer but as I have only short trips with van I would like computer reading on a mix of long and short trips just to satisfy myself.

Cheers,

Pop

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts