Forum aristocracy

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No, Plotter, you're still wrong. look at the clues.1,doesn't really help unless you look back to last September.2Check around Penrith.You went south, and guessed wrong.3 was in my comment to your qestion re my connection with 1066.There is more than one village named after me!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
well done Sir Anthony!allegedly the ancient family seat was Dacre castle which is about 5 miles east of Penrith. Gt Salkeld and Little Salkeld I can cope with, but I'm not at all sure about Salked Dykes!!! The Lisa clue was simply that back last September, she asked for recommendations for a site near Penrith, and I suggested North Dykes farm CS in Salkeld ****.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
At last ,good contest Emmerson I can understand it would be difficult to get back that far with family tree mine is bad enough to 1586,but interesting never the less especially when his old home at least in part still exists and includes a CL with EHU (bit Heath Robinson) and owned by celeb himself as I say ex Blue Peter presenter also 5 min walk across field to real ale pub with good food ( the Landlady even bowed down to me when she knew my name!)also close to all peak district towns and points of interest including Crich tram museum,again thanks for contest.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
now now you cant win them all perhaps it is the rise of the regime,But then no problem I dont want to upset you as it might make you FARTOUNPLEASANT!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm back - I keep peeping in to see whats happening. Ive been playing Spades with my online chums from around the world at MSN GameZone :O)
How do you find time to contribute to all these forums,Lord B? I struggle with just two!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I play a game called Spades and we chat in real time. It's great but in June Microsoft are changing the format - so that means there will be no real time chat in whats called the lobby if your not playing. You wont be able to zone message your friends either, only through msn messenger which is a pain. The only chat we will be able to have is when actually at a table playing. All might not be lost though because ex MSN programmers/developers are writing new Spades and many other games at a new site they have opened. We have all had to join MSN messenger though so we can keep in contact and inform each other which site we are going to use in the future. I've been in the Zone now 10 years and have made many friends, its better than a soap opera on tv.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
As it happens I probably "outrank" lord B by a country mile :) But apart from the humour who gives an eff in toss about some pratish bygone hirearchal nonsense. Despite my "REAL BLUE BLOOD" I still bleed red looking stuff when a knife or hammer slips, the only advantage I've found is knowing what knives and forks to use when attending banquets :) And that's the honest truth ;-)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lord B. in south Wales there was for many years Collins Pop but it was bought out by Tizer in the 1960s. Corona pop was also started in south Wales in the Rhondda valley by a company called Thomas & Evans. This was also bought out in the 1960s and is now part of Beechams food and medicine company. Your comment regarding Collin's Dictionary runs into many volumes so I would be careful in asking to be hit by a big one as you could have quite a headache. However as a retired paramedic a mere headache is nothing to cure is it?

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
If you're talking Collin's surely Tom should be top of the list.

Made withe export Tanqueray Gin, Lemon Juice, Soda Water, Lemon Slice and a Maraschino Cherry. add the red glowing sun going down on an Indian Ocean Sunset as the ball of fire shows it green hue for a split second as it fades from sight. Heaven ;-)

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I have just been doing more research on family history,it seems that my family took their name from the village of Babington when they settled there at the time Bill the conk,so perhaps we are related!

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I have just been doing more research on family history,it seems that my family took their name from the village of Babington when they settled there at the time Bill the conk,so perhaps we are related!
The above was aimed at Emmerson,sorry forgot to say.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yeah, just think,my lot might have raped and pillaged your lot!!!

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Yeah, just think,my lot might have raped and pillaged your lot!!!
Not sure about that the one with Bill the Conk was an ancestor of John de Babington so must be a frog so both from across the water(thinking of changing my name again but this time to Kermit! )

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts