Forum aristocracy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Now listen up,LB and Sir Anthony. You're not the only ones with aristos in your history. My family name goes back to 1066! (allegedly) There was a noble with my surname fought with Billy the conk, so there! The story goes that due to his prowess in that scrap, he was awarded lands and title on the Northumbrian/Cumbrian/Scottish borders. Now then clever clogs Braykewynde ( and any others who mightt like to try) What is my family name? The only clue I'm prepared to give at this stage is that Lisa LMH is hoping to stay in one of my villages,if she gets her new van sorted.You'll either have to talk nicely to Lisa, or look back in the forum for my recommendation to her. That should keep you away from the milkmaids for a while!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
the Plotter, I can't give you any more clues until t'other fellow has a chance to answer, cos he'd complain that I wasn't playing fair! It's been so quiet in here this afternoon, I think LB and a few others must be out enjoying the sunshine.I've been scoring brownie points by painting the fence!

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Painting the fence! you should worry it might be a case of LB taking offence!Where is the old chap anyway I dont recall him asking permission to leave.

Oh and by the way you can tell LB that you erroniously thoght I was cheating because I am not scared of him,we aristocracy are made of sterner stuff,but just in case I will go and hide when he gets back.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Painting the fence! you should worry it might be a case of LB taking offence!Where is the old chap anyway I dont recall him asking permission to leave.

Oh and by the way you can tell LB that you erroniously thoght I was cheating because I am not scared of him,we aristocracy are made of sterner stuff,but just in case I will go and hide when he gets back.
Lb doesn't ASK permission. He Takes it!

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I bow to your superior knowledge your Honourable Lordship ( grovel grovel)or do you have maybe insider information!

Is the great one correct Emmerson?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
If it is indeed Clifford they were Marcher Lords, infact the ruins of Clifford Castle in the village of Clifford, Hereforshire isn't too far from where emmerson now lives.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I dont believe it I went 50/50,asked the audience(the forum waste of time)and phoned a friend but you win even if you also have local knowledge!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The plotter 1 Lord B 0. I did say North, sir anthony, but LB's logic is good, just 300 miles too far south. After all, you can't go much farther north than Cumbria and stay in England! Check the area around Penrith. That's clue 2

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Thankyou my dear friend ( I am getting better at grovelling )I will check that out,by the by have you actually checked your family tree to see if there is a connection.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thankyou my dear friend ( I am getting better at grovelling )I will check that out,by the by have you actually checked your family tree to see if there is a connection.
yes,we have. there doesn't appear to be a direct line,but my grandfathre's ancestors came from around the area you should now be looking at.Please note that I did say that Lisa LMH is going to stay in ONE of my villages.That's clue 3.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts