Forum Poll

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John, the tone and content of Ray's post were what I objected to. It was inaccurate of him to say that I thought it was my Forum as I did and do not. The poll wasn't put on there specifically for me, it was somewhere people could express there views on a subject that is getting steadily more important. And tell me, how can you have freedom of speech if you don't say anything? The freedom to be quiet perhaps, but that's not the same thing is it. Ray's post was designed to illicit an aggravated response, I don't know why, perhaps he has got another issue with me, I just don't know. I don't mind people having a different view to me, the same as everyone else, I'm certainly not unusual in that respect, what I do object to is someone posting in that manor, I think I showed considerable restraint with my answer. As for an apology, nah, I don't expect or desire one. Tell me something John; do you get ignored on this forum? I do sometimes, it's not about being in a clique, it's about posting something people like to read or is interested in at the right time and in the correct place. You have and that's why your getting answers back, does that mean you're in a clique? Feel free to comment, that's why were here.

Thanks for the backup L.B, I must admit, I didn't see it until this morning, had a heavy night cleaning out your horses, when will it be ok for me sleep in the main house again, these nags produce a lot of wind ; )
Lol-my reply was meant for LB,I pressed the wrong button,on the nightshift as you will see from the time of my post.I am certainly not critisising you for trying to organise a meet.That is what caravanning is all about.My wife and I regularly attend our local and other rallies and really enjoy them and have made a lot of friends over our 30 years of caravanning.I honestly felt that Rays comment was frustration more than rudeness.I do not know Ray so its not a case of sticking up for a friend.To be honest I think Ray is one of many who are genuinely fed up how this forum has turned out,compared to how it used to be,I am all for moving on but in this case I think it has been for the worse.OK I here the usual people saying "if you don't like it move on".At some of our meets we have talked about the PC forum and to be honest most of the caravanners don't bother with it now because of the reasons above.Now that might make us a bunch of sados or whatever else has been directed from this forum but again as has been mentioned ,its freedom of choice.

There are a good bunch of regulars who keep some degree of common sense within the forum but I and many others have been on this forum from day one and no we do not own it but like a lot of things in life we see genuine values disappearing.

That will probably get a few falling off their chairs but have a think and ask why there has been so much trouble and bitchiness over the past while on this forum.

Sorry for such a long comment and it is not directed at you Lol,

I hope you get your meet organised and all have fun and don't forget to take the boxing gloves (joke!!!!)before I get bombarded with all sorts of abuse...

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John, the tone and content of Ray's post were what I objected to. It was inaccurate of him to say that I thought it was my Forum as I did and do not. The poll wasn't put on there specifically for me, it was somewhere people could express there views on a subject that is getting steadily more important. And tell me, how can you have freedom of speech if you don't say anything? The freedom to be quiet perhaps, but that's not the same thing is it. Ray's post was designed to illicit an aggravated response, I don't know why, perhaps he has got another issue with me, I just don't know. I don't mind people having a different view to me, the same as everyone else, I'm certainly not unusual in that respect, what I do object to is someone posting in that manor, I think I showed considerable restraint with my answer. As for an apology, nah, I don't expect or desire one. Tell me something John; do you get ignored on this forum? I do sometimes, it's not about being in a clique, it's about posting something people like to read or is interested in at the right time and in the correct place. You have and that's why your getting answers back, does that mean you're in a clique? Feel free to comment, that's why were here.

Thanks for the backup L.B, I must admit, I didn't see it until this morning, had a heavy night cleaning out your horses, when will it be ok for me sleep in the main house again, these nags produce a lot of wind ; )
Hi John, thanks for the reply. You really didn't need to reply in such great detail, but I'm glad you did, you manage to explain yourself and your own views a lot clearer than some. As for ray, L.B is right, I should just get on with it, and I will, however I am curious as to why he felt he had to post in such a way. Could be that he is unhappy with the forum, but that was the whole point of the poll in the first place. I see you're unhappy with it too; it was an enormous change from the original way of posting and probably not the best way of going about it. All I can offer is the advice of sitting tight and waiting to see what happens, these things have a way of evening out over a period of time. I take it that you wont be coming to the gathering next year, prior appointment or just don't want to?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi John, thanks for the reply. You really didn't need to reply in such great detail, but I'm glad you did, you manage to explain yourself and your own views a lot clearer than some. As for ray, L.B is right, I should just get on with it, and I will, however I am curious as to why he felt he had to post in such a way. Could be that he is unhappy with the forum, but that was the whole point of the poll in the first place. I see you're unhappy with it too; it was an enormous change from the original way of posting and probably not the best way of going about it. All I can offer is the advice of sitting tight and waiting to see what happens, these things have a way of evening out over a period of time. I take it that you wont be coming to the gathering next year, prior appointment or just don't want to?
Lol-to be honest,not my cup of tea but I am sure everyone will have a good time and hope you get a decent turnout.

TRENDING THREADS