Forum Poll

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Most people who have responded to this thread seem to be quite happy with the forum as it is. Why dont those who are not happy and advocate that everyone should 'migrate' to another forum do so? It seems like common sense to me!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry Lol just realised. I told you I was dippy. LOL.
I run the "Dippy" club round here Shiba, if you want membership, Lord Braykewynde has the forms and Clive is Secretary, you need someone to propose you first though. Try Lisa, but get to her before she gets to the bottle....

; )

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't you think that is same action being taken against your buddy Kanga which you have been defending at every opportunity.

Please remember that there are a lot of people who use the site who do not want to get involved in any kind of poll.Would you say that the 10-20 people who replied are the majority of users on this site..I do not think so

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't you think that is same action being taken against your buddy Kanga which you have been defending at every opportunity.

Please remember that there are a lot of people who use the site who do not want to get involved in any kind of poll.Would you say that the 10-20 people who replied are the majority of users on this site..I do not think so
No, thats why I urged everyone to vote. If you don't vote we can't hear you. And if you don't vote you can't be that bothered either way

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No, thats why I urged everyone to vote. If you don't vote we can't hear you. And if you don't vote you can't be that bothered either way
Why should I care if your hearing me or not? It's not your forum any more than its mine. Because I don't want to take part in your poll doesn't automatically mean I don't care either way. I thought that freedom of speech is what its all about, including saying nothing if I want to.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Actually, I was going to ask, Lord B to be my second, unfortunately, he hasn't been able to count up to ten since the accident with the branding iron and goose grease. Kanga as you well know is indisposed at the moment so I might have to ask Lisa to do the honours. I believe she has a bountiful supply of feather dusters, and knows how to use them! I am unfamiliar with the Mornington Crescent rules, you will have to enlighten me, but if it has anything to do with latex and custard, I forfeit Sir.
Lol

So I'm 3rd choice am I? You're not borrowing my feather dusters now.

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Why should I care if your hearing me or not? It's not your forum any more than its mine. Because I don't want to take part in your poll doesn't automatically mean I don't care either way. I thought that freedom of speech is what its all about, including saying nothing if I want to.
That's ok, keep quiet if you want to, not my problem.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Most people who have responded to this thread seem to be quite happy with the forum as it is. Why dont those who are not happy and advocate that everyone should 'migrate' to another forum do so? It seems like common sense to me!
It seems as though they have, not seen Caroline post since she said she was going but no doubt they are having a crafty peep now and then. Just natural human noseiness lmaoooooo.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Jeeezzzzz reading these last few posts as made up my mind that theres no way I could go on a rally/meet with peeps from the forum. I know I would get on with most but theres a few Victor Meldrews that I wouldn't care to meet unless it was a wake and I dont mean Kanga or Daventura. Here we have Lol who innocently tries to get a reaction from people on the forum and to get people to get involved and have some input. He also has a great sense of humour which 1 or 2 lack. What happens, he gets shot down. What is with these people, do they lead such a miserable life that they need to infect others also. They must be a real bundle of laffs. Ray? are you normally like this or did someone piddle in your porridge this morning? Perhaps you was just having an off day but an apology to Lol wouldn't go amiss. Thanking you in anticipation.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Your Lordship

feel you are being a bit heavy handed,I would say Rays comment was pretty tame compared to most or is it that he has rattled the cage of one of your loyal subjects.I have to agree with a previous comment about there being a clique.It seems any comment that one of the clique does not agree with is treated with contempt and supported by the other members.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Your Lordship

feel you are being a bit heavy handed,I would say Rays comment was pretty tame compared to most or is it that he has rattled the cage of one of your loyal subjects.I have to agree with a previous comment about there being a clique.It seems any comment that one of the clique does not agree with is treated with contempt and supported by the other members.
John, the tone and content of Ray's post were what I objected to. It was inaccurate of him to say that I thought it was my Forum as I did and do not. The poll wasn't put on there specifically for me, it was somewhere people could express there views on a subject that is getting steadily more important. And tell me, how can you have freedom of speech if you don't say anything? The freedom to be quiet perhaps, but that's not the same thing is it. Ray's post was designed to illicit an aggravated response, I don't know why, perhaps he has got another issue with me, I just don't know. I don't mind people having a different view to me, the same as everyone else, I'm certainly not unusual in that respect, what I do object to is someone posting in that manor, I think I showed considerable restraint with my answer. As for an apology, nah, I don't expect or desire one. Tell me something John; do you get ignored on this forum? I do sometimes, it's not about being in a clique, it's about posting something people like to read or is interested in at the right time and in the correct place. You have and that's why your getting answers back, does that mean you're in a clique? Feel free to comment, that's why were here.

Thanks for the backup L.B, I must admit, I didn't see it until this morning, had a heavy night cleaning out your horses, when will it be ok for me sleep in the main house again, these nags produce a lot of wind ; )

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I quote

"Why should I care if your hearing me or not? It's not your forum any more than its mine. Because I don't want to take part in your poll doesn't automatically mean I don't care either way. I thought that freedom of speech is what its all about, including saying nothing if I want to. "

If thats not throwing your toys out of the pram what is? I almost got a vision of tantrums and stamping of feet.

What is it with people, if you argue or disagree like Kanga and Daventura your a rebel and should be banned - if you show friendship to someone and are polite you are part of the clique. All I can say to those I'm referring to is get a life and take a good hard long look at yourselves.

Lol, I wasn't expecting an apology from ray, was just a light hearted aside.

Regarding a clique john.b. I don't feel as I belong to any. I'm my own person and if I think someone is wrong I say so, for example in the past regarding Kanga. Now I feel Kanga was harshly treated so thats what I posted. I dont suck up to nobody.

As I referred to in another post, I couldnt go away and spend a weekend with the likes of ray because surprisingly I like a laugh. Sorry if this post upset anyone but if by me defending someone who was rudely treated makes me one of the clique so be it, carry on sucking your lemons ;O)

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
We already have a nanny government and I view this forum as a refuge from that so leave well alone. Having said that there are a few "wind up artists" out there and some people fall for their ploy.

So take it easy - remember it's about caravaning - dont fall for the wind ups and don't take yourself too seriously, it's supposed to be a fun hobby isn't it?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde, a meesage from Kanga (is this allowed Mr. Mod?). He wants to thank you for your continuing support. I wish that he could speak for himself.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Lol, I could see where you were coming from by getting people to vote and show an interest just like the other 99.99% of people but it appears that a couple think you are getting above your station in here and trying to take over the forum. For some reason they dont see good in people, they just treat all as suspicious with ulterior motives. Only wish I knew why but if a shrink was to psychoanalyse them it would probably stem from their childhood. Just ignore it Lol and be yourself and do what you do best, have a laugh and make others smile.

Dave, Kangas more than welcome, I would say the same thing for anyone I thought had been overly punished and as others had mentioned, he had dropped the (((4x4 debate)))⇦ whispering it.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
had a heavy night cleaning out your horses, when will it be ok for me sleep in the main house again, these nags produce a lot of wind ; )

Hmmm I forgot your above comment Lol. Do you really think Im that stooooopid to believe that, do you not think that at least a few of my employees are loyal to me. If cleaning out the horses constitutes chasing Randy Rita the stable maid around with a saddle on your back trying to get her to ride and whip you means a heavy night so be it. The wind wasn't produced by the nags either, it was your heavy breathing.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
had a heavy night cleaning out your horses, when will it be ok for me sleep in the main house again, these nags produce a lot of wind ; )

Hmmm I forgot your above comment Lol. Do you really think Im that stooooopid to believe that, do you not think that at least a few of my employees are loyal to me. If cleaning out the horses constitutes chasing Randy Rita the stable maid around with a saddle on your back trying to get her to ride and whip you means a heavy night so be it. The wind wasn't produced by the nags either, it was your heavy breathing.
Couldn't stop laughing!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Actually, I was going to ask, Lord B to be my second, unfortunately, he hasn't been able to count up to ten since the accident with the branding iron and goose grease. Kanga as you well know is indisposed at the moment so I might have to ask Lisa to do the honours. I believe she has a bountiful supply of feather dusters, and knows how to use them! I am unfamiliar with the Mornington Crescent rules, you will have to enlighten me, but if it has anything to do with latex and custard, I forfeit Sir.
I was just trying to keep you out of this Lisa, witnessing two grown men in a feather duster fight can be mentally disturbing. It is not without it's dangers and it was with deep regret that I had to call upon you. I am told that John is a particularly dirty fighter, often concealing a can of Pledge about his person, once I heard he used talc in his marigolds for easy removal after a fight, a practice now banned in the EU. Having told you all this I hope you will be my "third"? on the day, I prefer a long handled duster with a slight whiff of Mr Machine if you have one, thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To answer the question, I am not happy with the way the forum is being run. I think there are a number of things that could or should be improved.

Sadly there is still a small number of people who are using the forum as a personal battle ground. The voicing of opinion is a wholesome and valuable thing to do, and after all it is one of our freedoms, but when the debate degenerates into a slanging match with unfounded accusations, profanities and other objectionable activities, then the value is lost.

I have said that freedom is valuable, but with freedom also comes responsibility, and these two considerations must be balanced.

I am not against humour, but it is possible to have humorous elements without lowering every thing to its lowest form.

The original question is to broad a cut, perhaps we should be asking how could the site be improved?

Improvement - a grater degree of self control with proper consideration and respect for the views and sensibilities of all other readers. If you hold an alternative view on a subject, be prepared to state that view and offer some justification, but be prepared to accept there could be an opposite view, and agree to disagree.
well said john L.there are some people still been taken in by 1 or 2 alias here,one in particular who seems to be getting away with it,do you really think Samanosuke is real.i don't think so,have a good look back at his spelling,dyslexic people do not continuously spell as well or as badly as this person seems to do so,and some of his spellings are so so????,come would never be spelt cum, as i have been informed.

TRENDING THREADS