** France ** Definates

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gaye and myself are happy with those dates too.

Can anyone confirm their school holidays commitment, for that period?

PS. Gaye wants to get me chipped and vaccinated before we go, is that strictly necessary?

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Gaye and myself are happy with those dates too.

Can anyone confirm their school holidays commitment, for that period?

PS. Gaye wants to get me chipped and vaccinated before we go, is that strictly necessary?
School holidays not an issue for us - just advise the school we are going on holiday.

Lolly x

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Yep

I have mailed them to ask if I can book for next july. If I get a reply of yes I will be booking a super pitch for the 2 weeks.

Steve

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
School holidays should not be an issue this early as you just let them know you have a family commitment abroad on those dates.

Well, its not a lie, I have commited my family to being abroad on those dates

May 4, 2005
Visit site
All ok with us as long as we can get round the kids missing school. The school is against it but I think it would be a good experience for them so need to discuss further.

Brian (",)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
We always took our 3 children out of school. Very often the holiday is an educational experience in itself, especially if travelling abroad.

Our youngest was learning French and it was he who always got us by when asking questions. He now speaks fluent French and travels to France often.

Our holidays in France were 3 camping ones and 3 boating ones where we hired a cruiser on the Canal du Midi. I always remember that England had played and my son wanted to know the score. As we approached a lock my son asked if he should ask the lock keeper if he knew the score. The lock keeper had a miserable expression but I told my son to go ahead. He started jabbering away and the whole demeanour of the lock keeper changed. He had a big beaming grin on his face as he chatted away about football with my son for about 20 minutes. He wished us Bon Voyage as we left and he was still grinning and waving when we were 5 minutes further down the canal :O)

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Just had a reply from the site and you cannot book next year until November of this year!

So, does anyone know a site that can be booked earlier that has similar facilities such as 10amp electric!

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Just had a reply from the site and you cannot book next year until November of this year!

So, does anyone know a site that can be booked earlier that has similar facilities such as 10amp electric!
Hi Steve

Working on it - failing that can we not book this Nov?

Lolly x

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Right - here goes

Stopover before crossing - Black Horse Farm - Caravan Club Site?

French Sites to look at :

www.etangs-fleuris.com

www.campingparis.fr

www.caravaning-4vents.fr

Camping Caravanning Chateau de Chambonni

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Update:

www.etangs-fleuris.com do not accept twin axles or groups so that one's out.

Camping Caravanning Chateau de Chambonnieres do not have a website and the chap I spoke to does not speak English, it was hard work but I tried my best in French (I can speak it but am rusty!) but to no avail - perhaps if someone is more fluent than I am they could try ringing him on 0033164041585

www.camping-de-la-colline.com - electricity is 6 amp, no pool but have a waterpark nearby - they have been reviewed in a past Practical Caravan edition and it's extremely popular

I have e-mailed the other and are awaiting replies as to availability, pool and hook up ampage, (your suggestion is included in this one Lol)!

If anyone has any suggestions I do not mind doing research - it will give me something to do!

Watch this space for updates

Lolly x

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts