** France ** Definates

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Another

www.la-croix-du-vieux-pont.com
I like this one Lolly. Looking at the web site I can't see a downer apart from they don't seem to have any super pitches. We may have to rough it for a fortnight.

Dec 15, 2005
Visit site
Just a comment or two. You may well struggle to book groups of caravans on sites, especially French run ones. They don't really 'do' rallies over here as such, and are reluctant to commit pitches so early on.

10-amp EHU is not normal here in France. Usually it's 6-amp (sometimes less!). Many reasons for this which I won't bore you with but it boils down to the way we are supplied with our electricity here. Above ground cables can only carry so much!

Most (if not all) campsites will NOT take deposits etc. until the back end of the season before the year in which you're due to holiday. With others it will be January of the year in which you're due to come over.

Don't forget to ask the ferry companies for their group traveling discount.

HTH.

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
hi all,

not sure about this france thing ,is it an open invitation or just for a select group of friends.I do not wish to offend anyone,im just asking the question as we are new to this forum thing.We have never done a rally or meet,i have posted some topics on this forum ,and we would be interested in this trip,we have been told that larger vans are less accomadated for ,are we wrong in this assumption.If it is an open invitation any chance of more imformation as to how these things work .

thanks jim

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Jim

You are more than welcome to join us as this is a forum users event.

Afterall, How do you become one of the group of friends if you don't join in.

I sure hope larger vans are catered for as there are 3 twin axles and a bigger motorhome so far

Steve

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jim

Of course you are welcome to join us, the more the merrier!! The idea is to involve as many people as are interested.

Most of us have large twin axles, so there's no problem with your large van (Lol & Gaye have a really large RV).

The plan is to travel down to the local CC site in Folkstone, cross the channel (some are sailing but not sure if we are taking the channel tunnel as I am petrified of boats), then travelling "convoy" style to the site.

Once there it's very much a case of we normally do our own thing during the day, sometimes we go out as a group, (I know Disney is a visit planned for the meet as there are a few kids going) whatever takes your fancy. Evenings we normally gather in the "party tent" with nibbles and drinks etc and have a natter and a laugh. This year's easter meet was great, we played french boules (I thinks that's what it's called) and generally mooched around. It really depends how much or how little everyone wants to "mingle"!!

A rally or meet is a great way to meet people, we thought France may be a good idea as I don't think anyone has travelled abroad with their vans before, and they say safety in numbers and all that - it should be a great experience. It would be excellent if you (and anyone else interested) could join us.

Watch the posts for future info!

Lolly x

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi We are trying to plan a trip to France next summer with some friends and the site will not take our booking until Oct/Nov. Apparently they let all the visitors that are there this summer have the chance to rebook when they leave and they offer what pitchs are left in Oct. No chance of a decent pitch then! Denise

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Denise

Have you and your friends thought about joining us next year?

Only one of the sites we have contacted has informed us that we cannot book until Nov, the rest I think we can book when we like.

Lolly x

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts