france duty free

Feb 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi all of to st jean de monts the vendee in july first time in france is it cheaper to buy cigarettes on the ferry or is there someware cheaper to buy them in the vendee thanks colin

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Ferry definitely - cigarettes have gone up substantially in price in France - and you can't buy anything in large quantities, except French makes such as Gitaines, in most Tabacs anyway.

Sep 10, 2007
Visit site
Definitely don't rely on buying in France. Supermanrkets don't sell cigarettes and the local shops (Tabacs) sell very few English brands.

What brand do you smoke - after spending a month looking for Regal Kings I've got a fair idea what you can get locally?

Cigarette price are regulated in France so if you do buy cigarettes there, you'll pay the same price anywhere.

Halli

May 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi Colin,

I went on a booze cruise a couple of weeks ago, and normally when I go I drive into Belgium to pick up my ciggies and tobacco, didn't have time to do that so had to buy on the Ferry, it cost

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin

If your going on P&O you can buy cigarettes from the bars (plural) 2 pkts of 20 far cheaper matching belgium prices. So if there are two of of you can buy 4 pkts of 20's. Not a lot I know but they have two bars so that doubles.

Belgium is still cheaper but that's in the wrong direction for you. So the ferry as the others say.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts