France to Spain

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone,
Hope you're all keeping well.
I have tried booking bf Portsmouth to Santander, but fully booked till May, have emailed bf to see if there are any cancellations or to contact me with a cancellation but they just say look everyday on their website. ( Not a lot of help)
Considering motoring down with caravan from Calais to Nerja end of January till March.
I'd like to tap into the wealth of knowledge you guys have to help me out with touring sites on the way, places to avoid etc.
Is it worth joining ACSI as there are conflicting views.
Looking forward to your replies.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
ACSI is well worth, joining, especially if your caravanning out of the main season when you can get great savings, also here in the UK. The Caravan and Motorome book of European sites is very helpful, as it also shows private and Municipal sites, contact numbers etc

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
ACSI is well worth it, not just for the discount, but for the route planning and finding sites that are open out of season.

John

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Don't forget you can only stay in the EU for 90 days in 180. Go over that even by a day and you will be fined. You need to look back whether you have been in the EU (Shengen area) in the last 180 days at your date of departure as any days in that 180 will count against you.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If you plan to use motorways that are tolled it’s convenient to use an electronic tag that allows you to just drive straight through the tolls in a dedicated lane. The links describes the system. I believe you can obtain them via CMHC at a discount.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hutch
Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Deckchair......I have travelled to the Nerja area many times in winter but not as many times as Jaydug who is a member of this forum.
He writes a comprehensive blog which contains a mine of information of the sort you seek.
Maybe he will see this thread and contribute!
This is a link to his blog and descriptions of routes.......

https://jondogoescaravanning.com/routes-and-sites/

Thanks Bill! I was about to add a reply, but you've done it for me. ;)
Incidentally, my times of travelling to Torrox are over. Old age has finally caught up with me. Still caravanning, but not as far as Southern Spain.

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for all your replys, I have been reading about Jaydugs travels very interesting and informative they are. It's a shame I couldn't get booked on Brittany ferries to Santander it would have saved me some miles.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts