Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone else been subject to hostility from French people when arriving on sites with a twin axle. This happened to us on a site mid-France and at La Harve. At one point our children had dirt and food thrown at them by other children on the site. We where advised large Twin Axles in France are associated with Gypsies and are not made welcome. We are hoping to travel to the vendee this year but are a bit concerned after last year.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
pick a site from the 2005 cc brochure as they (the site owners) are used to having twin wheeled vans on their site. or if you book direct with the site explain the size and van type when making the booking. remember you are in another country and our norms may not be theirs.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have often stopped on sites in France where there have been 'Voyageurs' in situe. I have not received any hositility from them, and also NOT seen any hostility directed at them. However many campsites will not admit them hence the twin axle ban on some sites. These tend to be municipal campings.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Audrey, we travel to France with Grand Espace and a twin axle (TA) Nightstar. We don't use the municipal sites for the reasons mentioned by Evans of Sprot. However, during our long drives to the south we have not had any difficulties. Brian's advice is good and worth following.

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Audrey - We used to go to France every year with our T/A Lunar Delta & never had any problems with Municipal sites. A great venue in the Vendee is Les Sables d'Olonne - they have their own website which lists all the caravan parks. I think it's www.lessablesdolonne.com but google would help you find it. The town has miles of sandy beaches & plenty to offer all ages. Have fun!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts