Free Auto glym caravan/car cleaning kit

Jun 23, 2005
Visit site
Hi all,

it's about 6 weeks ago since I signed up for the PC magazine which was offered with a free Auto glym cleaning kit. It looked as if i had been forgotten about as i had to e mail them to find out what the problem was. I have recently had the magazine sent to me, which I had been buying from my newsagent and a good read it is too. But despite me sending 2 further e mails asking if I am to receive the cleaning kit I have'nt had a definite Yes/No. Has anyone else had the same problem or is it just me that seems to draw the short straw in everything I do these days?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tony, another Tony here. I had the very same problem last year when I never received my rechargable lantern, I telephoned Haymarket eventually to be told that they only had very few and as, at the time of ordering, I never actually requested the lantern be sent, (like you I assume, I expected it to be delivered automatically), I missed out. This is a poor example of service from an otherwise excellent magazine.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I find this totally unacceptable. Surely if you take out a subscription with whatever is on offer you are entitled to it. People shouldn't have to say they want the offer. Practical Caravan has dropped a few points in my estimation. Absolutely disgusting.

Jun 23, 2005
Visit site
Hi Chris and Tony,

I did ask for my free gift of an Auto glym cleaning kit. I also quoted the reference number as quoted in the PC magazine. It won't be long before I am writing to them for a full explanation - if I don't receive it. I thought when I was subscribing to the PC magazine I was dealing with a boss outfit and not some chav flogging none- existant products on E bay. My subscription payable via direct debit does'nt commence until November so will cancel if they don't fulfill their part of the contract. Thanks both for replying my last 2 e mails to PC have so far been ignored.

May 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi, sorry to hear of your plight!!! but we received the autoglym cleaning pack quickly and have used it several times. all I can say is stick with it and demand the pack, it is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!it is truely worth

Jun 23, 2005
Visit site
The subscriptions manager is Leanne Newton. leanne.newton@haynet.com

Try contacting her direct.
I have.I sent her my third e mail yesterday. Still no reply. People in the past (in respect of other transactions) can get away with saying to me, "it's in the post" (meaning Royal Mail/ParcelForce) or we wrote to you, when i ask where goods are that I have'nt received, but they can't deny receiving our E mails.

I have asked her if she won't reply to the problem to at least send me details of a manager I can write too. Still waiting.

Please watch this space.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I do not know if this would work, but!

If an organisation uses a free gift or a money off offer to entice you to take out a subscription or place an order, and you do infact avail yourself of the offer. The offer forms part of the contract. If the organisation then fails to deliver on the contract, or delibertaly takes action to frustrate the supply of the offer then they are at fault and could be guilty of fraud. Does any one remeber the free air flights fiasco that cost Hoover washing machines

Jun 23, 2005
Visit site
I do not know if this would work, but!

If an organisation uses a free gift or a money off offer to entice you to take out a subscription or place an order, and you do infact avail yourself of the offer. The offer forms part of the contract. If the organisation then fails to deliver on the contract, or delibertaly takes action to frustrate the supply of the offer then they are at fault and could be guilty of fraud. Does any one remeber the free air flights fiasco that cost Hoover washing machines

Jun 23, 2005
Visit site
Hi all,

Just a brief update on this subject for thiose folks who were kind enough to reply and to set the record straight in respect of the free gify offer.

Unortunately Leanne was on holiday for a week when I was e mailing her so not her fault that I did not receive a response to my e mails.

Leanne has kindly offered me other very well worth having free gifts as PC have run out of the cleaning kit until October. I have decided to be patient and wait until a kit becomes available.

My faith in this excellent site, their magazine and quality of service has been restored. Thanks all and a special thank you to Leanne.

Regards Tony.

May 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi all,

Just a brief update on this subject for thiose folks who were kind enough to reply and to set the record straight in respect of the free gify offer.

Unortunately Leanne was on holiday for a week when I was e mailing her so not her fault that I did not receive a response to my e mails.

Leanne has kindly offered me other very well worth having free gifts as PC have run out of the cleaning kit until October. I have decided to be patient and wait until a kit becomes available.

My faith in this excellent site, their magazine and quality of service has been restored. Thanks all and a special thank you to Leanne.

Regards Tony.
When we registered to receive the magazine, the gift wasn't what we wanted so we were able to SAVE our gift until one came up that we wanted, and successfully we asked for and received the autoglym set with no problem..........barbara.......good luck

Jul 22, 2005
Visit site
Hi all,

Regards Tony.
Hi all i subscribed also hoping to receive the Autoglym stuff via the internet was sent a letter thanking me etc etc but nothing about my freebie, then a week later i received a letter saying 'sorry because of huge demand we dont have any left but we can give you an alternative one being 2 free tickets to the caravan and camping show in london, in the end we took the book, but wonder when i'll get the magazine!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts