Free-moving a caravan

Oct 19, 2006
Visit site
Hello All,

I am a student of Engineering and have choosen a project which isn't just specific to caravans but recreational trailers of all types.

My main idea for my project is my tutor who once mentioned that he has trouble moving his caravan into tight spaces or awkward positions when it cannot be moved by his vehicle and has to be done via himself and friends. I know or have heard there are units/devices which operate electronically that enable the person to move his/her caravan to the space necessary, however my first problem is I don't know of the technical terms (if there are terms even) when moving their caravan into a desire space by self.

I am no-means at all asking for anyone to do my project, I am only asking if anyone here might be able to point me in a good direction (no pun intented) or even owns such a device.

Have a very good day.

Chris

Oct 19, 2006
Visit site
Thanks John! More or less what I was after, I had thought about it all a different way but its good to have the information from people such as yourself. Do you have one yourself?

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Hello Chris; well the point of my posting was to get people's views. I've now decided to buy one (the Reich) and it'll be fitted next week; ready for our next trip!

Good luck

John

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Chris

We have a Truma TE fitted to our van, and it works really well. One thing I would comment on, is the weight of the van. I am sure this must have an impact on how the mover performs. Also I am going to change our jockey wheel for one that is more robust than the standard factory fitted wheel.

Val & Frank

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts