freedom of speech (insurance)

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Agreed - this company *&* has a truly shocking reputation and should be avoided at all costs.

Avoid ANY company that advertises via a leaflet.

Interestingly as an IFA - I can say this and I can mention their name in our reports and recommendations. But on a third parties website it would be the third party that gets the legal fallout.

But we all know who they are - just tell everyone!

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
latest in this sorry saga, this company have now said that the idm 3 alarm fitted as standard by bailey and indeed most caravan manufacturers is apparently not up to standard ?. my friend has of course informed bailey that they are fitting substandard products and joined them in having a good laugh at the cheak this nameless insurance firm has.

waiting with bated breath for the reply.

May 2, 2005
Visit site
By now we should all be aware of who the unmentionable company is...Can anyone tell me, in case I have missed it somewhere, who the major player is here...Most small companies are underwritten by the big guys...My insurnace is due in about 3 weeks and I would rather go with the good companies... I will start a new post....

Happy Caravanning....David

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Icemaker - if you get a lot of problems look up the firm on the FSA website and also look at how to complain.

Some very good info on the FSA website.

First port of call is the Compliance Officer at *&* - if no joy follow the FSA guidelines.

For all that wish to ensure ANYTHING - Do remember that any firm that has to resort to advertising via a leaflet in a magazine is hardly "Top Drawer"!!!

Either choose a good well known brand such as NFU or go to a good independent broker. A good brand will want to protect its good name whilst a broker will not want to have to explain to you why a provider they recommended are trying to renege on your valid claim.

SO BIN ALL THE *&* LEAFLETS THAT COME WITH THE MAGAZINES AND CHOOSE AN INSURER WITH A GOOD CLAIMS PAYING HISTORY AND EXCELLENT FINANCIAL STRENGTH.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi, Clive, i am just posting for a friend who does not use the pc much, as you are aware i started this thread when i had problems with this company not paying my claim but i did contact the manager and then the md who eventually resolved the issue as far as paying the claim and my excess but never gave me back my proof of no claims so i lost 4 years. i posted about my friends problems with the stolen bailey as i could not understand this firms stupidity in view of past comments and i think its a good idea to keep this thread visible for all new contributors to see so non make the mistake of using the firm. its great that we have a adviser such as yourself on the forum and i thank you for comments in the past and the future.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No problem - thanks for the comments.

Like everything in life - the old 80/20 rule applies.

You get 80% of business from 20% of your clients, but 20% of your clients want to take up 80% of your time (but that 20% is not the 20% that gives you the 80% of your business!)

Also - 80% of companies are good and offer a good service whilst 20% fall well short of any service standards at all.

Answers on a postcard please as to where most people would place *&*

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
its in todays papers about the govenment wanting to bury nuclear waste in towns and citys in 300 meter deep holes, that is exactely where i would put "&". but only since i could not dig one deeper.

Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
about time someone added a comment to keep this one live -

So seeing we can't really say who "they" are - perhaps we could all say who they aren't ?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I suspect they have stopped now being seen as the joke that they are.

It has been the same in the Tack Shops - so many horse owners have come a cropper with *&* that word of mouth (and the internet of course) means that few people apart from the uninformed would go anywhere near them.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
must admit i was surprised and sorry to find a leaflet for this cowboy outfit in my copy of pc again this month, but like every other leaflet that falls to the floor it went straight in the bin.

Clive not a lot of people know that this company is much bigger in the equine world and like you through people with horses i have also heard some very disturbing stories, apparently they also "insure" (tongue in cheek) musical instruments (nobody seems to be blowing there trumpet)and sports equipment which would come in handy for running away from claims.

back to the top.

Apr 29, 2006
Visit site
They also insurance camera equipment as well. I was insured with them for one years, but when I renewed my cheque never arrived. I didn't bother to send another because while reading the small print I discovered that while I had paid for overseas cover, this was only valid if I wrote to them beforehand telling them where and when I was going abroad, and cover for that period wouldn't start until I had received written confirmation. Very good since we often go off at short notice. I wonder how long they would have taken to give the confirmation!!

Reading these posts I shudder to think we almost went with them when we first started caravanning, luckily went to CC instead.

Anita

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As an IFA I am staggered that anyone uses a company that advertises via a leaflet in a magazine!

The other scams I regularly get in a mag are those supposed "scratch cards" that say you have won something.

PLEASE GUYS - use a "good name" - CC C&CC NFU etc or if you have a good broker - use them.

Consign *&*'s leaflets to the circular filing cabinet.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
They also insurance camera equipment as well. I was insured with them for one years, but when I renewed my cheque never arrived. I didn't bother to send another because while reading the small print I discovered that while I had paid for overseas cover, this was only valid if I wrote to them beforehand telling them where and when I was going abroad, and cover for that period wouldn't start until I had received written confirmation. Very good since we often go off at short notice. I wonder how long they would have taken to give the confirmation!!

Reading these posts I shudder to think we almost went with them when we first started caravanning, luckily went to CC instead.

Anita
Sorry Anita - I think you are quite wrong here! - *&* take premiums but who ever said they had any intention of properly insuring your camera equipment!

A classic case of being "Over-Premiumed and Under Insured"

LOL!!!

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
nice one roy, how the hell is this firm still trading with so many dissatisfied customers. would love to know how much the internet forums have cost them in lost buissness, i know from experiance that each time they ask for a forum to be deleted a new bigger on springs up and slappes them in the face, its like i said right at the start freedom of speech, its great to talk.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Please be aware that *&* also trade as:-

Entertainment & Leisure Insurance Services

and

Entertainment & Leisure Insurance Services Ltd

Their FSA number is 202748

Complaints should quote this and should be directed at the Compliance Officer.

TRENDING THREADS