freedom of speech (insurance)

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
Please be aware that *&* also trade as:-

Entertainment & Leisure Insurance Services

and

Entertainment & Leisure Insurance Services Ltd

Their FSA number is 202748

Complaints should quote this and should be directed at the Compliance Officer.
Just picked up on this and guess who i insured my van with!! Not only that, we also have our dog insured with them too! Can i cancel my monthly payments without penalty, or do i have to keep the policy going for a year?? Can someone recommend a good insurer for van and dog. I see the cc being mentioned a lot and i am a member, Gavin.

Sep 21, 2006
Visit site
latest in this sorry saga, this company have now said that the idm 3 alarm fitted as standard by bailey and indeed most caravan manufacturers is apparently not up to standard ?. my friend has of course informed bailey that they are fitting substandard products and joined them in having a good laugh at the cheak this nameless insurance firm has.

waiting with bated breath for the reply.
Too late, we have found that the IBM alarm system in our Coachman VIP 530/4 2005 was disabled by what appears to be just one punch to the control panel, rather than the 'key in your personal code, it is the only way the disable the alarm'. We know 'cos we have the whole episode, with sound on our CCTV system!!! - when our caravan was stolen.(JUly 2006) ..apparently you either must have your own personal code or else know the universal code...'a good punch'!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just got the new magazine - the dreaded company have changed their leaflet format - in repsonse to all the above??

Now has a tie-in to a "leading holiday park company" too. (Didn't mention the name of the parks as it would probably mean this message would be removed for same reasons as before)

BEWARE!!

Neal

Aug 27, 2006
Visit site
Just got the new magazine - the dreaded company have changed their leaflet format - in repsonse to all the above??

Now has a tie-in to a "leading holiday park company" too. (Didn't mention the name of the parks as it would probably mean this message would be removed for same reasons as before)

BEWARE!!

Neal
forgive my ignorance but having just got a new caravan and looking to insure it i want to avoid this company, but i don't know who you are talking about, if you can't name them can i have a clue like the initials or something like that.

forgive my ignorance but having just got a new caravan and looking to insure it i want to avoid this company, but i don't know who you are talking about, if you can't name them can i have a clue like the initials or something like that.
Hi,

The Holiday Company is Haven The Un-named Insurance Company is offering 50% off Pitch Prices. I Don't know if this a Good De&l or not.

Eddie.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
just keeping this subjrect on the front page for the benefit of new users.

seems by the lack of postings that most now know to avoid this outfit.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
just bringing this subject back to the front for those that are new, this company has now started a nationwide tv advertising campaign. shame on them.

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
Well i for one am very grateful. When we bought our van i insured it with *"* and have changed to the Caravan Club after reading the horror stories on this forum,

Gavin.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
This appears to be a fault with the database. If the mods had removed the posts then the message count would have reset, but they still read the full message count of 98 now

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
The missing post problem seems to affect all of the older postings.

If you click on any of the older pages and it flags up that there have been say 30 replies, you'll only find 5 or 6

Jul 18, 2006
Visit site
Well that is if your post actually stays in the forum.

I posted a (what I thought) humerous comment about a certain insurance company having AMUSING wording in their policy.

The post has been removed.

I can't even crack a joke. I wasn't insulting anyone, or slagging off any product or service, but nevertheless it was removed.

I shall be more careful not to name anyone or thing next time.

I might try using other like forums now !

Oct 19, 2005
Visit site
Before this goes any further, Rubix, your posting was removed as Haymarket, who own the site and would be legally held to account in any proceedings, have said that naming that company on its site in any way is not acceptable, and will not be allowed.

As the owner of the site, their decision is final and that is how it will stay.

Because of the aggressive attitiude to anything but good publicity by that company, the owners of this site are not prepared to be left in the position of a costly legal suit being filed against them.

You may well think what you posted was amusing, the company involved certainly do not.

It would be appreciated if you are careful about who you choose to name, and in what context, as you have indicated.

As always, this forum is open to users to post or not, in accordance with the "Forum Etiquette"

To post or not is entirely an individuals choice.

Oct 19, 2005
Visit site
In final answer to the above posting, what is so difficult to understand about the statement

"Haymarket, who own the site and would be legally held to account in any proceedings, have said that naming that company on its site in any way is not acceptable, and will not be allowed."

There is no way that Haymarket can prove or disprove any statement made by posters, therefore, and for the very last time

"As the owner of the site, their decision is final and that is how it will stay."

Jul 18, 2006
Visit site
Mod2,

I completely agree with what you said, but there are two things that I don't understand. Firstly I was not criticising their service or product, and as you said you (haymarket) cannot prove or disprove what I have said.

But, and to quote your earlier post :

"your posting was removed as Haymarket, who own the site and would be legally held to account in any proceedings, have said that naming that company on its site in any way is not acceptable"

I may sound pedantic, but "naming that company in any way is not accepable" as you say allows no positive feedback if anyone is asking for any advice on "this stabiliser" or "that insurance"

I find it bizzarre how we can sing the praises of one thing, but cannot discuss the negatives of another.

May I ask if you have had any specific comments from the mentioned company ? If that is the case then I hereby offer my appologies to them, as I did intend it as a "pedantic" analysis of their policy wording.

I will ensure in the future that I mention the specific detail but with-hold the company name.

'Nuff said I think !

Jul 18, 2006
Visit site
what if what is said is true?
Sylv,

All I said (without wishing to incriminate myself) was a comment on the policy wording of an insurance company. It was meant as an amusing comment, but seems to have hit a nerve. It was not a criticism in any way.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jason,

If you dont want to get it wrong, stick to the best companies, like the Caravan Club, NFU, CaravanGuard, Adrian Flux, SAGA(if old enough)etc etc.

As has been said, do not go by cheapest price as you will be sadly dissapointed in the event of a claim.

As with most things, you only get what you pay for!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts