Freelander as a towcar?

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
cris - I am not jumping on anyone - but you must admit the number of examples you quote to back up your views does seem to come from an inexhaustable supply.

And as soon as someone says anything "nice" about Land Rovers - out comes a "My Aunt Fanny had one but the wheels feel off" story.

Sorry cris - I am trying to have a laugh here - I do not care what anyone else drives - tho' I am flattered at your concern.

JOKE!!!! LOL?

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I do understand Clive but I like LR's as you may note I've said before.

But I take note from the trade and business users not journo's or fanatical brand lovers. Buying a car for business and for towing by a huge majority advice is against buying Land Rover.

We all buy what we want and can afford, but there is an awful lot of expensive LR problems compared to every good one. All brands from Roller's to Lada's can break down. The gearbox and transmissions and overheating and cracked block stories come from to many directions to just be Aunt Fanny's problem ;-)

On the "Aunt Fanny" tack, I know and Alfa fanatic. Owners club member for 30 + years, Alfa's are the "biz" and "never a problem". When you talk to his wife or neighbour you hear a different story that equates to all the "anecdotal" stories that seem to go with Alfa and Fiat :)

TD3 would fit into my work and personal life very well now and really like them a lot, numerous trade contacts are still not giving enough positive feedback on reliabilty for me to buy one though.

As the things are built here I find that a quite sad along with the pedigree of the marque and when Ford are reported to have threatened to move production from the UK I wonder what reflection that has on build and reliability!

Mar 8, 2006
Visit site
there are a couple of things that would make me buy another land rover, customer service are dealer is excellent if i have a problem its seen to right away not oh we could do it next week, i also like the way they look, from the freelander to the range rover, and land rover are usually first with new ideas like hill descent and the way you can just turn a knob to select the set up for the driving conditions your in, so this means even your granny can be a good off roader or your family can be safe on icey roads if things go wrong sometimes who cares the good bits far out way the bad.I wont ever be buy anything else its just not the same.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Bit subjective this bit I think there are two sides to this story. The first life and the second life of a LR.

Most LR's these days are purchased as leased cars and are often chosen against executive car competition the Likes of BMW and Volvo etc. Being a leased car the owner isn't concerned with running costs or to that effect reliability as the dealership would be obliged to give a courtesy car often of the same type.

However the "trade" doesn't like LR as much as other similar makes and so a lease on a LR3 is sometimes

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi MH

Based on what I have just seen on BBC Watchdog - if you do get a Volvo XC90 you may want to get a couple of Fire Extinguishers to go with it.

Volvo's response seems truly dire!

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi MH

Based on what I have just seen on BBC Watchdog - if you do get a Volvo XC90 you may want to get a couple of Fire Extinguishers to go with it.

Volvo's response seems truly dire!
see my response under XC 90 i thnk Scotch lads got it right !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts