Freelander Land Rover

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Having just got one of these, I am having a tow bar fitted next week. Has anyone had any reason to adjust the standard fitting height or firm up suspension with the rubber inserts on a Freelander to get the van running level? Thanks in advance for your replies....

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Geoff,

We tow a van weighing about 1500Kg and we have not needed any changes to the suspension or the height. When coupled up we have a slight nose down on the van which is all to the good.

The only problem is if you have an Alko 2004 stabiiser. In order to couple up I have fitted a 2" spacer on the towbar,. Now we have no problem.

Ours is the TD4 and it has taken us to Spain and back twice now without any problems. Best of luck with yours.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a Freelander TD4 and tow a van weighing about 1400kg. I have not had to make any suspension or towball height adjustments.

I also have an AL-KO 2004 and fitted a spacer as well. AL-KO has just released a replacement 4x4 stabiliser handle. The handle costs

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a Freelander TD4 and tow a van weighing about 1400kg. I have not had to make any suspension or towball height adjustments.

I also have an AL-KO 2004 and fitted a spacer as well. AL-KO has just released a replacement 4x4 stabiliser handle. The handle costs

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts