Freelander/Pageant

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have just bought a used Freelander with PCT towbar to tow our Pageant, which is fitted with an AlKo stabiliser. However the stabiliser handle fouls the spare wheel making it impossible to hitch up.Any solutions please so we can use our van!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I tow using an Alko towhitch which uses the extended towball. I have found that on coupling up that approaching from the left side slightly when reversing (the spare is offset to the right)makes it easier.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This keeps on coming up not surprisingly.Alko have a new handle prototype on display at the N E C according to their add in CC mag.This seems to be like the top of bicycle forks with a pus on handle bit.Many people remove the transverse screw that holds the red handle and remove/replace the handle for the upright position.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I hitch up with the rear door open and then close it after the stabilizer handle is engaged. Have had no problems at all with this method.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
hi just read youe enquiry about freelander hitching.. i also have a freelander and tow a fleetwood garland. what i do after realising my towball catches is just hitch up on a slight angle to the caravan. it completely misses the towball and the alko stabaliser isnt affected either..hope it helps

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts