Freeview/dvd/tv

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
We sorted out our dvd's for the recoders but another question.

I have been told that if your TV has freeview built in and your dvd player/recorder does not, your dvd recorder will not record freeview channels of the TV. does that make sense?

Is it true? Does anyone know about this? Help!!!

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Yes, that makes sense !

A DVD or VCR doesn't record off the TV, it records via a built in receiver. If the DVD doesn't have a digital receiver you will have to plug one into it to enable it to record. Personally, I would get a Freeview box with an hard drive, then you don't really need a DVD player unless you watch pre recorded discs.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I don't think you've got it right, Rioja. If the TV has got a scart connector, you should be able to record TV programmes on DVD. The DVD and VHS recorders we've got at home all have built-in analogue receivers but analogue TV has been shut off where we live, so we have to record from an external source.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Smiley

Check the manual as some of the new TV's with freeview have a video out. If it does then the DVD should be able to record the channel that the TV is set to

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Also have to agree with the hard drive! much better for recording and erasing!! to watch films and record and store films yes a dvd recorder is the one!,but day to day tv you cant beat a the hard drive.

Tina x

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Smiley

You could record on a DVD recorder that does not have a freeview tuner but you would have to feed the programme from the TV to the recorder by use of either the SCART lead or an Rf out lead if your TV has that socket. You would then need to have the Tv and the recorder on and the TV tuned to the appropiate channel.

I would echo the call to use a Freeview box with a hard drive, it stops the messing about, and is easier to use. Get one with two decoders in it and then you can record whilst you watch.

Paul

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts