Freeview tv - coverage areas

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I would be interested to know if there is any data available in relation to areas covered by Freeview.

On its main website, you can enter a postcode and it will tell you whether or not Freeview is available in that area.

Does anyone know where I could source that type of information across GB on sort of a blanket basis, not by postcode? The reason I ask is that everywhere I seem to take my caravan to at the moment doesn't seem to be in coverage areas.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Lh

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Lisa (I think it is, sorry if I'm wrong)

The BBC used to publish a generalised plan of Freeview coverage of the UK. This tends to cover the the same areas as their major transmitters.

In general, if you have trouble receiving the analog signals, you will also have trouble receiving Freeview, and the aerials used in caravans are at a disadvantage, because they are usually smaller than domestic units, and lower down, where there are more object to interfere with the signal.

Freeview needs a good signal to work, so there can often be problems with caravans and boats.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi John

Thanks for your reply. Just a point about the ariel for the caravan. I consider myself a bit of an expert in that field now, after having purchased four different ariels in less than 24 hours a few weeks ago, I went for a 48 Element High Gain Wideband TV Aerial and 15ft pole. Not the prettiest sight in the world! It is suitable for receiving analogue and digital TV signals in poor or weak strength signal areas and has a rear deflector which provides high protection from unwanted signals. Result - perfect picture.

However, I've been away to several different parts of the country and it appears the coverage areas of freeview are not in abundance.

I'll look on the bbc site to see if they have coverage info.

Thanks.

Lisa.

TRENDING THREADS