Freeview TV reception aerials?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have been using a fairly reliable tv aerial with an LCD Tv with built in freeview on a site in Cornwall where we picked up all the available freeview channels until recently.

When we were in van last week we could not pick up over half the freeview channels we previously had earlier this year.

I have seen a digimaster A109 on Towsure that looks like the business. Can anyone advise on this aerial or a better one ?

Needs to be reasonable price though.

Mollymoo

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi Carol

You may need to re-tune your TV to pick up all the channels again. This is being advertised in the West at the moment. We were in Cornwall last week and we were getting reminders to re-tune. If your aerial worked before with freeview it should work again. Try tuning before spending on a new aerial.

Best of luck

Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
yes I retuned constantly and the big retune for freeview didnt happen until today so that was not the problem as we came home before the mass retune today.

I know that Cornwall has some areas of poor reception but we were on the same pitch on same site where we have picked up all the freeview channels previously in May this year. July it fluctuated (again on same pitch) and September it was even worse.

I think that I probably will try another type of aerial but thanks for your comments. I just wondered if anyone else had tried the type of aerial I had seen and had decent results.

Regards

Carol

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
I have been having problems receivng all ITV & Channel 4 stations on my home arial over the last couple of months. I cured it by buying a cheap signal amplifier.

I have had perfect reception with my arial for the last 4 years upto a few months ago when the problem started.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi all as Chris has said aerials are digital specific so really what you need in a poor area is a high gain aerial but that is such a lump to carry around,I know many out there are getting good results from aerials from Wilkinsons but you take your chance

Lots of us now have gone down the satellite route and of course most of the freeview channels are there

After saying that we still carry a small maxview aerial just in case we got to a bad area where trees etc are in the way of sat dish

I hope this helps in some way

Sir Roger

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts