French hols

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bonjour, mes amis! I'm back! Did you miss me? fantastic holiday. six weeks of wine,scenery, nice people,wine,good food,wine,etc. Some good sites,some medi-ochre sites, and one absolutely wonderful site! Pity was, it was the last one and we could only stay four days! Ah well, roll on 2008,cos we'll be back! 3794 miles, 1289 towing,one puncture,and an ocasionally sticky starter. (which was brand new the week before we went!) Not bad for a 27 year old van, and 12 year old Range Rover.Now I've got to go to the bank and explain why we overspent! Good to be back tho. To the closed m20,gridlocked A2, rude barman in the place we stopped for lunch outside Dover, all the things we expect in this wonderful land of ours!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi emmerson

Good to have you back, of course you've been missed!!!

Glad you had a good time overall. I notice you mentioned wine three times, like a tipple do you?

We've had a glorious September so far, it's raining here today though.

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi, Lisa.Herself has kept a diary of our holiday and has on record that of the 42 days we were away, we had only 7, yes 7 without rain! Apparently it's France's worst summer on record. Had to happen when we went, didn't it? In spite of that, we had a great time, and yes we did drink some wine!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts