French Toll tags

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
So I was just about to sort the purchase of a toll tag out for France but then come across this document....

Obviously last time we went we had a lighter car and & caravan , this time we are at the opposite end of the scale weighing in at about 3.7 tonne does it really matter ????

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi Craig, you got me thinking, about that so I logged onto my account and found this info.

I’ve got a caravan... can I have a tag?
France - Liber-t tag
Yes! Provided your vehicle and caravan overall height is less than 3 metres and GVW of the towing vehicle does not exceeding 3.5 tonnes. You can use any non height restricted lane that has the Liber-t symbol illuminated.

So the tow car has to be under 3.5 tonnes. They also send you a reminder when your tag gets to 5 years old and needs to be replaced.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Also, when you look at your account on line you can see the predicted battery life of your tag. You don't want it to fail halfway through your trip. So exchange it sooner than later. Your card will be debited another fee and the refund will appear a month or so later. If the exchange rate has changed in the meantime you may gain (or not) but it won't be by much in the overall costs.
Believe me, it is not too much fun standing in the rain at an exit with the tag in your hand trying to use the emergency telephone and read off all the numbers on the tag - in French of course - if it fails to let you out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts