fresh / waste water carriers

Nov 4, 2008
Visit site
Hi All. I,m new to this and need some advice about water carriers I need something to get fresh water to the van, and, something to put the waste water in from the sink drain. What do people use ? Ive seen these Aqua rolls in the shops and everyone seems to use those to get there fresh water but what do they use to take the dirty water away in for disposal. thanks for any help.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I use an old aquaroll for waste water so I only need to carry one handle

The waste is emptied and the fresh water aquaroll carried to the emptying point

The handle is then swapped over and the fresh water wheeled back to the van

There is no danger of confusing the aquarolls as the older one has a hole too small for modern pumps

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
A point to bear in mind: check that any waste container you are looking at is low enough for water to gravitate into from your van's outlets. Also some van's have the outlets at the rear, then on a sloping pitch there is little room to achieve this proper run down. I had to use a very flat old Thetford square container back when I had that type.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
How much water do you intend to use?

If it's high usage (showers / washing up in van / etc) - then an Aquaroll and companion waste container would be a sensible purchase.

If it's low usage (food preparation in sink / washing teeth) - then we use the internal 10 litre CarrySan for potable water and a 10 litre recycled "dumpy" cube for waste that previously held power-wash detergent.

Actually we don't use the CarrySan for drinking water - that and our pipework was zapped in France with Chlorine - and stills has a taint years afterwards, so all drinking water (tea / coffee) is in a separate supermarket "value" 4 litre water bottle

Robert

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Barkas,

This is all getting too confusing!

Just get yourself an Aquaroll and Wastemaster and you'll be perfectly happy, and using what most other caravanners use.

Oh, and you'll need some flexible piping (from your local accessory shop) and a Y-piece to channel the waste water from your waste water outlets to your wastemaster.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Barkas,

This is all getting too confusing!

Just get yourself an Aquaroll and Wastemaster and you'll be perfectly happy, and using what most other caravanners use.

Oh, and you'll need some flexible piping (from your local accessory shop) and a Y-piece to channel the waste water from your waste water outlets to your wastemaster.
Or 2 aquarolls

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi Barkas,

get the aquaroll & waste master these are the better ones, if you have a computer its worth a look on Ebay very often on there & cheaper than most places also your look in your local free add papers.

Mick K.

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
Get a water hog and waste hog, these are cheaper than the aquaroll and wastemaster, and yet have a bigger capacity (50L v 45L). Quality is much the same for both. Never understood why you see 10 aquarolls for every water hog.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Its because the Aquaroll is a lot older product and being well made it lasts and so more people have had time to buy them and keep them over a longer period of time

I have 2 but the older one is about 30 years old and still doing a good job for waste water

It came as a raw free sample molding with no fittings and has run all these years on tyres made of high pressure tubing

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts