fridge overheating

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Heat at the back usually means that the fridge IS working. Has it happened this week? If so, the fridge might be starting at 30

May 27, 2006
Visit site
In this heatwave all fridges are having to work harder to stay cool. This means they get hot on the back as they remove heat from inside.

As has been said a frozen bottle of water or realy cold contents will help bring the fridge temperature down to start with and save it struggling when 1st turned on

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Another point. In very warm weather we remove the external grille to allow the fridge to "breathe" more easily. I know that others have fitted small extractor fans to the top grille to draw air up and through the fridge cavity to help get rid of the heat. That is why stand-alone fridges, in a shady and well-ventilated spot, are more efficient than fitted fridges in very hot weather. And top-opening helps a lot too.

May 27, 2006
Visit site
Another point. In very warm weather we remove the external grille to allow the fridge to "breathe" more easily. I know that others have fitted small extractor fans to the top grille to draw air up and through the fridge cavity to help get rid of the heat. That is why stand-alone fridges, in a shady and well-ventilated spot, are more efficient than fitted fridges in very hot weather. And top-opening helps a lot too.
Thats given me an idea.........a couple of comuter cooling fans behind the fridge and running on 12volts would certainly aid the cooling and cost very little

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Adding PC cooling fans has been done by several caravanners. If they're designed for 5v, just wire 2 of them in series.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts