Front window rubber leak

Jun 16, 2023
Visit site
Hi All,

I've replaced the window seal with this one but unfortunately found a leak today... between the rubber and the window at the top.
Which made me wonder whether I bought the wrong seal as it doesn't create enough pressure between the rubber and the window?
I bought 25mm panel 10mm bulb, I think I measured the panel width correctly, which means I should have gone with 13mm bulb?..

FWIW I attached the picture where the water is dripping from the rail, I assume there is nothing wrong with that, it's the window seal issue anyway?..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 22.20.36.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 22.20.36.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Try getting a strip of paper or similar material and trapping it in the seal so it protrudes into the window opening. Then close the window and pull the strip out so you can feel the pressure at that point.

Also compare to your other windows seals both using the strip and visually.

Was it not possible to put the new seal next to the old one to check you bought the right size?

John

Jun 16, 2023
Visit site
Was it not possible to put the new seal next to the old one to check you bought the right size?
It was so old that it lost its shape and size completely. The measurements were totally inconsistent.
I've added a strip of electrical tape to test the pressure...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts