Frontera 2.5TDS

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mark i can't recommend it enough. I've got an R plate 2.5 tds transglobe, and i bought it after driving one. I had a discovery before it, and although i'd only had the disco for a year, the fronty wins hands down i think.

It's a lot more stable than a lot, if not all, 4x4's due to being a lot lower and a tad wider. It currently pulls my van, a twin axle unladen 1360kgs. I've only just got this van, but the fronty usually pulled a max laden van at 1350kgs, with me, the missus, 2 older kids, 2 dogs (a boxer and a springer spaniel) and not a simgle complaint once from it. It took us all down to cornwall last year, and will do Devon this year. We rally probably 1 weekend out of 4, and i have not had a single reason to complain about it. I serviced it for less than 25 quid, as the parts are cheap and plentiful. The engine is an Isuzu motor, bulletproof. And it uses a cam cahin, not a belt. So it will get very very noist when the chains due for renewal. It pulls like a train, and even uphill as long as you drop it and punch it a gear it does what you want.

It doesn't have the finesse, build quality or even gadgets some off roaders do, but it's more stable and that out weighs it all for me.

And unladen, they are very very quick.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Really good towcar we have a 2.2 petrol R reg which pulls a caravan with a mtplm 1450 as if it isn't there and it isn't bad on fuel which is what we were worried about as it isn't diesel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts