Fuel up again !!

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Good points Roger L - I would also add that fuel tax is unfair in that it hits the low paid harder than the high salaried.

For a given 20 mile round trip to work, someone on

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Talking of not bothering to vote, what about the local elections? The BNP are crowing that they have taken more seats than ever, the Tories are crowing they have taken over more local councils and that should be a warning to Labour, Labour are sacking people at the top after saying they wouldn't lose their jobs. All this on a 30% turnout, what a joke. What kind of world do these idiot politicians, backed up by the media who desperately need a story, think we live in. They treat the population as if we are a nation of couch potatoes glued to the TV or reading The Sun, believing every word thats spoken or read.

Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
hello everybody i am darrens wife nicki(we changed our name from darren to daziki)

i think what they are hoping to do is cripple everyone with fuel price increases then there will be less cars on the road

i thinks its unfair that when you have a big car for towing or as a farmer you need a big car that you dont get an allowance because if we didnt need a big car for towing wed just settle for a run around.

i havent taken my driving test yet one because id prolli crash(bit dizzy at times)and 2 because we couldnt run two cars or even if i dropped darren off at work couldnt afford fuel to go anywhere its crazy.

ive had my morning rant now i feel much better

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
LB - the real world is that we get a vote every 5 years, sometimes less, to choose our politicians and task them with running the country - don't blame the politicians, we (collectively) chose them.

The reality is that most people don't care enough to anything about any government policies, whether good or bad.

Many contributors to this thread don't want politicians running the country - so who should?

Wouldn't all this "energy" be better spent praying for Wayne Rooney to recover (apologies to contributors from outside England) - it has more chance of working!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There are comments on this posting which leave me astounded. They are all for saving the ozone layer and protecting the world. What a load of rubbish..... Dr. David Bellamy and other have undertaken research and come up with evidence that the global warming is a natural occurance and nothing to do with us. It has happened in the past on at least two previous occassions. Also what chance have we got as a small country when the likes of America nad China refuse to cooperate in saving the world. Lets gets down to facts the world is not going to end for some considerable years yet - the sea level will rise apparantly by 2ins. within the next 150 years - so b****y what? Lets get our priorities in order and sort this country out now so that our children have a stable economy to look forward to and not worry about what will happen in God knows how many hundreds of years time. This is not a wind up the same as I had going regarding dog poo I am serious on this one.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Colin what does matter regarding the rise in sea levels to these islands is enormous. OK the likes of us wont be around to see or worry about it but with about 1/3 of the country under water where do the misplaced population go. At the moment we have a population of around 60 million but at the rate immigrants are coming here from the Far East, North Africa, Eastern Europe, in fact anywhere you can think of, the population will be at least double that. It will be a breakdown of lawlessness unprecedented in this country.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I've just had an email sent to me from a friend in the States who is a professor of mathematics in one of the universities there, it makes interesting reading. The writer is an American country music artist who also has a column in a newspaper over there. The content of the letter could easily apply here.

Mexican Standoff

I don't know how everybody else feels about it, but to me I think Hispanic people in this country, legally or illegally, made a huge public relations mistake with their recent demonstrations.

I don't blame anybody in the world for wanting to come to the United States of America, as it is a truly wonderful place. But when the first thing you do when you set foot on American soil is illegal it is flat out wrong and I don't care how many lala land left heads come out of the woodwork and start trying to give me sensitivity lessons.

I don't need sensitivity lessons, in fact I don't have anything against Mexicans! I just have something against criminals and anybody who comes into this country illegally is a criminal and if you don't believe it try coming into America from a foreign country without a passport and see how far you get.

What disturbs me about the demonstrations is that it's tantamount to saying, "I am going to come into your country even if it means breaking your laws and there's nothing you can do about it."

It's an "in your face" action and speaking just for me I don't like it one little bit and if there were a half dozen pairs of gonads in Washington bigger than English peas it wouldn't be happening.

Where are you, you bunch of lilly livered, pantywaist, forked tongued, sorry excuses for defenders of The Constitution? Have you been drinking the water out of the Potomac again?

And even if you pass a bill on immigration it will probably be so pork laden and watered down that it won't mean anything anyway. Besides, what good is an other law going to do when you won't enforce the ones on the books now?

And what ever happened to the polls guys? I thought you folks were the quintessential finger wetters. Well you sure ain't paying any attention to the polls this time because somewhere around eighty percent of Americans want something done about this mess, and mess it is and getting bigger everyday.

This is no longer a problem, it is a dilemma and headed for being a tragedy. Do you honestly think that what happened in France with the Muslims can't happen here when the businesses who hire these people finally run out of jobs and a few million disillusioned Hispanics take to the streets?

If you, Mr. President, Congressmen and Senators, knuckle under on this and refuse to do something meaningful it means that you care nothing for the kind of country your children and grandchildren will inherit.

But I guess that doesn't matter as long as you get re-elected. Shame on you.

One of the big problems in America today is that if you have the nerve to say anything derogatory about any group of people (except Christians) you are going to be screamed at by the media and called a racist, a bigot and anything else they can think of to call you.

Well I've been pounded by the media before and I'm still rockin' and rollin' and when it comes to speaking the truth I fear not. And the truth is that the gutless, gonadless, milksop politicians are just about to sell out the United States of America because they don't have the intestinal fortitude to stand up to the face reality.

And reality is that we would never allow any other group of people to have 12 million illegals in this country and turn around and say, "Oh it's ok, ya'll can stay here if you'll just allow us to slap your wrist."

And I know that some of you who read this column are saying "Well what's wrong with that?"

I'll tell you what's wrong with it. These people could be from Mars as far as we know. We don't know who they are, where they are or what they're up to and the way the Congress is going we're not going to.

Does this make sense? Labor force you say? We already subsidize corporate agriculture as it is, must we subsidize their labor as well?

If these people were from Haiti would we be so fast to turn a blind eye to them or if they were from Somalia or Afghanistan? I think not.

All the media shows us are pictures of hard working Hispanics who have crossed the border just to try to better their life. They don't show you pictures of the Feds rounding up members of MS 13, the violent gang who came across the same way the decent folks did. They don't tell you about the living conditions of the Mexican illegals some fat cat hired to pick his crop.

I want to make two predictions. No. 1: This situation is going to grow and fester until it erupts in violence on our streets while the wimps in Washington drag their toes in the dirt and try to figure how many tons of political hay they can make to the acre.

No 2: Somebody is going to cross that border with some kind of weapon of mass destruction and set it off in a major American city after which there will be a backlash such as this country has never experienced and the Capitol building in Washington will probably tilt as Congressmen and Senators rush to the other side of the issue.

I don't know about you but I would love to see just one major politician stand up and say, "I don't care who I make mad and I don't care how many votes I lose, this is a desperate situation and I'm going to lead the fight to get it straightened out."

I don't blame anybody for wanting to come to America, but if you don't respect our immigration laws why should you respect any others.

And by the way, this is America and our flag has stars and stripes. Please get that other one out of my face.

Pray for our troops

What do you think?

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels April 10, 2006

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lord B. first of all in reply to your comments on my posting - if the immigrants come to this country and break our laws and steal our benefits then under the sea is the best place for them - if there is no other cure then let the b*******s drown and the law abiding citizens will then have enough land to survive.

Secondly your posting of an e-mail from America is excellent reading. I bet there would not be one newspaper in this country who would have the guts to print such an article. It would be interesting to forward it to a newspaper and see what reaction it would receive, whether it would be printed and if it were what reaction would it have from the politicians and Joe Public.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Lord B, my post was not aimed at you so no need to respond,it was for anyone who thinks that voting BNP will sort out the problems with people coming to this country, they will only make race a bigger issue than it is now . My wifes parents came here when they were thrown out of Uganda along with thousands of Asians. They came because they were British citizens. On the other hand my grandparents came here from Italy which means she has more rights to be here than I do. I hope Im asked to return!

Anyway to get this back on topic which was about fuel prices,

Who would run all the petrol stations if all the Asians went home.

Brian ;O)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There are two other problem reported in the paper today regarding fuel prices. First of all the number of runners from the forecourt without paying. Secondly major theft from cards after using them to pay for fuel. This is a major problem for Shell and they are stopping all chip and pin transactions from their stations until the problem is cleared up. Bogus technicians are calling to service the machines and doctoring them to copy the card and pin number and calling back a while later to check every thing is OK - removing their device and off to go.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I agree that things are going badly wrong not least because of the politically correct idiots that seem to dictate their policy over sensibility,in todays papers there are two stories and if taken as reported are mind boggling at their stupidity and public waste of money.

Story one is of a farmer who legally shoots at a dog worrying his sheep,he shoots to miss but dog has minor injury ,dog owner calls police,six police cars arrive( I live in North Warwickshire and cant remember last time I saw the police)he is areested for criminal damage and held in cell for five hours with DNA taken.

Case two sign by clampers erected on mans property he removes and tells them he has done so ,he is fined!

What is this country coming to I think we all know total anarchy but only if we stand up and be counted.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Plotter - with your posting on another topic area regarding change of name could you be the leader we are looking for to start the uprising. You did say your ancestor was involved previously therefore does it run in the blood?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree that things are going badly wrong not least because of the politically correct idiots that seem to dictate their policy over sensibility,in todays papers there are two stories and if taken as reported are mind boggling at their stupidity and public waste of money.

Story one is of a farmer who legally shoots at a dog worrying his sheep,he shoots to miss but dog has minor injury ,dog owner calls police,six police cars arrive( I live in North Warwickshire and cant remember last time I saw the police)he is areested for criminal damage and held in cell for five hours with DNA taken.

Case two sign by clampers erected on mans property he removes and tells them he has done so ,he is fined!

What is this country coming to I think we all know total anarchy but only if we stand up and be counted.
To quote Mr. Pickwick "Sir the law is an ass"

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Indeed my ancestor certainly ran in blood as I say he was hung drawn and quartered at the Tower of London,but perhaps The suggestion by Our Lordship might be appropriate Wat Tyler.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts